PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 05-05-2015, 11:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.16 MB
Hi,i am glad you finally got it.There was 2 issues of That model kit.
I guess you must have this one,The difference between these models is that the first one has got very poorly designed aircrafts on poor quality paper in just one colour - grey

Below pics of the second issue.you can see (right bottom corner )aircraft coming from 1st issue then next underneath aircrafts form the 2nd issue

But i guess this is no problemThe model kit is quite old so the paper may not be so flexible.If u got any questions feel free to ask
Best wishes .
Old 05-06-2015, 06:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.33 MB
Thank you for the wishes! I appreciate it very much. Anyway, I do have one question. Could you please explain in more detail how you reshaped the 5 inch gun turrets? As you know, the ones in the kit are quite poor and misshapen.

Thanks!

Bill
Old 05-06-2015, 11:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlonzg View Post
Hi,i am glad you finally got it.There was 2 issues of That model kit.
I guess you must have this one,The difference between these models is that the first one has got very poorly designed aircrafts on poor quality paper in just one colour - grey

Below pics of the second issue.you can see (right bottom corner )aircraft coming from 1st issue then next underneath aircrafts form the 2nd issue

But i guess this is no problemThe model kit is quite old so the paper may not be so flexible.If u got any questions feel free to ask
Best wishes .
i have the second issue one in my files.never gonna build it to the standard set in this thread though
Old 05-07-2015, 09:46 AM

Royal Navy fan - Turrets i have reshaped based mostly on pictures available widely in net.You can see how i made those on Page 2 of my thread.
All the necessary parts I drew manually on millimetre paper and scan it then made copies on computer,and printed off. Unfortunately i don`t have it any more, i got it all lost some time ago.I don`t want to make you upset but This model contains many more misshapen
things ...such as Bow,Ship Crane,Elevators,.. Good luck!
Herky - This one kit was designed more than years 20 ago based only on pics/books and Blueprints available back that time,and on the top of that it was drew manually by the model designer(most of the models of the 90`s were drew manually)And everything match up perfectly which is quite hard to achieve by designing this way. i agree that the model kit does not give a full justice of the Ship(this is by limited access to the necessary knowledge) and requires some re-works.for real fan of card modelling it does not make any problems.However i seen once assembled to the "standard" and it looked pretty good.
regards.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:15 PM

Marlonzg,

Thanks. I will follow your thread very closely when I build mine. I have the earlier release of this kit. Anyway, yours is an outstanding model that I will try to emulate!

Bill
Google Adsense
Old 05-07-2015, 09:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlonzg View Post
Royal Navy fan - Turrets i have reshaped based mostly on pictures available widely in net.You can see how i made those on Page 2 of my thread.
All the necessary parts I drew manually on millimetre paper and scan it then made copies on computer,and printed off. Unfortunately i don`t have it any more, i got it all lost some time ago.I don`t want to make you upset but This model contains many more misshapen
things ...such as Bow,Ship Crane,Elevators,.. Good luck!
Herky - This one kit was designed more than years 20 ago based only on pics/books and Blueprints available back that time,and on the top of that it was drew manually by the model designer(most of the models of the 90`s were drew manually)And everything match up perfectly which is quite hard to achieve by designing this way. i agree that the model kit does not give a full justice of the Ship(this is by limited access to the necessary knowledge) and requires some re-works.for real fan of card modelling it does not make any problems.However i seen once assembled to the "standard" and it looked pretty good.
regards.
i think you misread my meaning.i simply meant i dont think i will ever be able to build it and get the same results as in this thread.was a compliment!!
Old 05-09-2015, 01:13 PM

This kit will be quite a challenge! I plan on rescaling it down to 1/350 so that it will fit with my Tamiya USS Enterprise, Trumpeter USS Nimitz, and the future Merit USS John F. Kennedy. I love the US super carriers!

Bill
Old 05-11-2015, 12:21 PM

That`s true they look "Mighty" Therefore i prefer 1/200 scaleBut i guess models in 1/350 look equally good
Cheers.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
A fantastic build Sir, wonderful result.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.58 GB
WOW!!! What a fantastic build! I can almost smell the jet fuel, feel the sway of the flight deck, and shudder at the cacophony of the jet engines revving for take-off!

Truly at the highest level of craftsmanship. Keep build threads like this coming, please.

Mike
Google Adsense