PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-05-2009, 06:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Rick -- Judging from eibwarrior's photo of the model posted in your Tennessee build thread, it is in the post Aug 42-May 43 rebuild configuration.

There are others in this Forum with a lot more expertise on the subject than I have (and FAR more model building skill), but I am fascinated by pre-1950 US, British Commonwealth, and Japanese warships, have a small reference library, and possess modest historical research skills and will be glad to jump in when I can.

Don
Old 01-05-2009, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Rick -- Judging from eibwarrior's photo of the model posted in your Tennessee build thread, it is in the post Aug 42-May 43 rebuild configuration.

Although it is also of a late-war rebuild, I think you will find Docrox's build of sister ship California (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/ships-watercraft/1672-uss-california-fly-model-1-200-a.html) to be helpful (and it’s a beautiful model). The modifications to these ships were so extensive that back-dating the model will be a formidable task. Certainly within your skills, but you still might want to build this one as designed and look for a model of the earlier version, if one exists.

There are others in this Forum with a lot more expertise on the subject than I have (and FAR more model building skill), but I am fascinated by pre-1950 US, British Commonwealth, and Japanese warships, have a small reference library, and possess modest historical research skills and will be glad to jump in when I can.

Don
Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosed View Post

Although it is also of a late-war rebuild, I think you will find Docrox's build of sister ship California (http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/ships-watercraft/1672-uss-california-fly-model-1-200-a.html) to be helpful (and it’s a beautiful model). The modifications to these ships were so extensive that back-dating the model will be a formidable task. Certainly within your skills, but you still might want to build this one as designed and look for a model of the earlier version, if one exists.

Don
Again you come thru with the info. I am planning to build the Tennessee in the provided kit, but would at some other date, see if could be back-dated to the Pearl version. I am sure this would be a daunting task. Thanks again for the info, I know who to go to for facts. Rick
Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
There is hope! Today when I got home, I had a box on the table at my front door. Inside that box was the following little jewel: JCS 1:250 Dreadnought, waterline kit. The task of building again in 1:700 had left me not wanting to do so, even though I really like this Ole War Horse. So you can imagine my surprise while looking over the kits from the Paper Model Store, when I ran across this big ole friend:D. So to all those who were following this build that I dropped, please accept my apology and know that the Good Lord willing, the HMS Dreadnought will return as built by Papercut. And with that said, y'all come back, hear.