Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1971 View Post
Hi Andrew,

very nice work for your first ship!

Marco
Hi Marco,

Thanks! I hope one day that I have reached your skills

Time for a little update. I glued the rest of the dept-charges and fixed them together with te reloads on yhe deck. Also glued en fixed a lot of small stuff on the deck. I also managed to cut an anchor out of the paper and placed in on the back of the ship. The ladders at the bridge are finished now, so I can start now at the bow of the ship.

Ciao Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300499-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300500-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300501-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300502-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300503-kopie-.jpg  

Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300504-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300505-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300506-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300508-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300509-kopie-.jpg  

Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Coming together very well. The detailing really makes this pop
Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 PM

Your skills look pretty dog gone good to me.................don't sell yourself short my friend, your build looks excellent.
Rick
Old 01-23-2013, 02:29 AM

Hi VK and Rick,

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm still impressed about the details you can make from papermodels. When I started I thought: good lord! But when the build goes on and on I noticed that I made some progress in building with paper. Gladfully I had already some modelling skills in plastic and resin which I can use in papermodelling.

Ciao Andrew
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 AM

As already told I've been working at the front of Hr. Ms. Van Galen. Put all kinds of little stuff on the deck like (I think you name it) bollards. To assembly those parts was very bad for my eyes . Verry small pieces. Maybe I have to buy a magnifier. I had some chains left of my 1:350 scale battleships what I could use for the ship. After assemly on the deck I used some Revell rust (matt 83) and drybrushed it over the chains. After that I was ready to install the railing. The railing is from lasercut. Because the railing is very slack I smeared ca glue to the vertical parts of the railing. The flagstaff is made of a pin and some stretched sprue. Of course the flagstaff needs the Dutch Navy flag. At this moment I am bussy with constructing the mast. So that will be a little scratch-building.

That's for now!

Ciao Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300514-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300519-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300520-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300521-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300522-kopie-.jpg  

Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300523-kopie-.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 AM

Bravo Andrew! The bow look very good!

Marco
Currently Building: RN Zara 1:400
Old 01-25-2013, 02:53 PM

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the compliments. I am glad myself with the result. The bow with the railings gives the ship already another view. At this moment I am bussy with the mast. Unfortunately no pics at the moment because the battery of my camera was empty.

Question: does has somebody good instructions or tips to construct the sloops. It's a real nightmare to build them

Ciao Andrew
Old 01-26-2013, 08:34 AM

Hi fellow modellers,

I've been bussy with contstructing the main mast behind the bridge. I uses some brass and styrene for this. To fit them together I used CA glue. I am now thinking what I will use for the rigging. Fishing line or stretched sprue what I normally use for my plastic kits. A little deck was also placed on the bridge. Because it was lower then I thought I had to remove the railing I had already fixed.

Also one of the 40 mm AA guns was installed and one of the davids. As I already told you, I have some problems with building the sloops. Eventually the result was acceptable with the help of some ca glue and paint .

Ciao Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300525-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300526-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300527-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300528-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300529-kopie-.jpg  

Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300530-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300531-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300532-kopie-.jpg   Dutch WWII destroyer Hr.MS. Van Galen-p1300533-kopie-.jpg  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:26 AM

As the years have gone by, I have come to really love the smaller war vessels over the big Battle Ships, they seem to have a far more visual effect, too much to take in on the big monsters. But on the DD, you get a overall feel for the vessel w/o spending hours looking over. I also like to see other Nation's vessels besides the Big 4, USA, IJN, HMS and German.
Of course, French, but the paper model world does not have the volume of kits as the 4 mentioned.
So to see the Dutch DD, makes one happy to know everyone gets a shot.
I have enjoyed what you have shown, and for a 1st build, impressive to say the least.
Look forward to more from you.
Rick
Old 01-26-2013, 12:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.90 MB
Hi Andrew,

i would prefer to make the rigging from yarn or fishing line.
I´m using flyfishing thread, which is slightly waxed and therefore does not have any lint and is pretty straight by its own. The thickness is about 0,08mm (size 6/0), which is quite close "to scale".

The boat is looking fine

Rgds
Peter
Google Adsense