PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-20-2009, 06:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 880.4 KB
Good eye Rick. It sure is.

I built that one in 2005. That was my first full hull paper model. I learned a lot on that one for sure. I put turned brass barrels in the gun turrets for added detail. Probably a bit much upgrading for an old MM kit.

It's a fun kit to build.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I like the Maly kits, and it is hard to find any kits for the Rodney and this one was available @Paper Model Store, have looked at numerous times and decided to purchase. I am sure I paid too much, but for OOP kits you must pay a premium. Now to find a set of barrels in 1/300th. I have the railings and crane, laser cut, intend to build outside of what just comes with the kit. Hopefully, someone out there in Forum land can help with a re-do of the decks in a more natural finish besides red. If not, I will build as printed. By the way, I did not exspect to get that fast of a reply from you, as always glad to hear from ya.Rick
Old 05-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Here's hoping you've overcome the glue and print problems, Rick. How's the USS Tennessee coming along?

P.S. What is it about gray that it seems to always come out paler than it should when printed? I have an Epson 4800CX copier, and gray always looks washed-out after going through.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:31 PM

Hello Mark Crowel, glad to hear from you again. I hate to admit I gave up on this build awhile back. I just could not get my printer to print the right color of gray, just as you have noted, washed out. However a good friend provided me thru the mail a complete kit in the proper colors. I have this put up until I get a better printer and will build from scans and keep the original. I have started others and hit a wall with one and just was bored to death with the other, too many problems w/fit. However all is not bust, I am working on the frame work of a French BB and if and when, I am a slow builder, I have her framed and covered, I will post a thread! Hope all is well and I have kept up with your postings and I really liked the old car kit you listed from the Internet. I also responded to you request for legal advice on copy right. Thanks for you interest.:DRick
Old 05-12-2009, 07:06 PM

"the old car kit you listed from the Internet".

Rick,
Please refresh my memory, what kit was that? I do make up custom car kits per request. Anyway, good luck with your current build, BTW, what is a "BB"? I'm a landlubber, you know.

Mark
Google Adsense
Old 05-12-2009, 07:15 PM

Sorry Mark, got you mixed up with THE DC who posted a kit from the internet une auto moderne, which put me in mind of the kit I asked about that got you search for copy right legal advice started. Go to, Found on Internet, this Forum and look up DC's posting, being a car buff you will like what he found. I would like to have one! BB is as all things military short for a Battleship.:DRick
Old 05-13-2009, 01:15 AM

Rick, I have that same kit, mint unbuilt, that I bought from a member on Zealot about two years ago. I posted photos of it along with photos of my Alcan Model A, on the Paper Modelers' Kit Reviews forum. The thread is "Spanish Model A Roadster.