PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Hull finished

Ahoy
Thank you Grandson Peter for your reply when things go wro0ng I dont give up that easy unless the project is totally out of wack... This kit is in and out of wack but its tolerable and there is ways to get around it. Okay guys heres the upshot, The hull is completed I been at this for 16 hours today it looks like the same from the last posting update....... I retooled the bottom plates and the hull itself gave it two coats of areo gloss clear dope the hull is harder then a wrenchs heart......The four screws were assembled and installed to the hull and the rudder is also attached.. the bilge keels were added and the stern casement walls were attached as well useing a punce wheel with alot of presure I made indentations to the bottom plates and blackened them in with a new black sharpie pen.. These old battlewagons like our fleet had heavy riveted plates all arouind the vessel it was a trade mark for that era untill durring the second world war the inovation of welding took its place lastly the stern observation platform was added, As of now letting the intire hull dry overnight........ Tomorrow the real fun begins adding the deck furniture and so on this will keep me going not very many parts to the kit enough to make the model and the rest is up to you for extra detail I sent away for some photo etch 1/200 scale rail sets from Toms model works this will enhance the build. The up to date fit issues so far on the kit is the bottom skins they have to be costome made by yourself if you have the courage as to the overview of the kit shes a beauty when I get all of the weathering done on her Admiral Jellacoe will approve. Here is the update for the day more tomorrow.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0006.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0007.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0008.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0009.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0010.jpg  

Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0011.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0012.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0013.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0014.jpg  
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.56 MB
Your build rate is impressive. It takes me forever to finish anything.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:39 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Your build rate is impressive. It takes me forever to finish anything.

Ahoy Bluenoser

Thankis again my man for your wonderfull replies I am Honored. Although my build look fast I spend anywhere from 8 to 16 hours a day on these type of builds. I have nothing to do but build models if it wasn,t for this forum and my modeling i would go completely Bughouse. When you start your kit I hope this thread will help you out. thanks my man.

Boats
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 PM

Fitting out the hull

Ahoy swab jocks
Here is the update build for today i been at this for 17 hours no foot race I wouldn,t have it any other way...... Okay shipmates the intire hull is done now i am paying attention to the fitting out of the deck furniture and so on starting from the bow working aft...... again the kit instructions are scatter brained some on the printed parts sheet and a very few on the main front cover showing the inboard and top layout no paerts numbers are called out in this sequence.. on top of he instruction sheet does show the assembly of the small parts.. A good thing on the kit itself is that there are numbered parts on the deck showing where they go. As to the construction of the deck fittings they fit very well with no fuss tomorrow i will add anchor chain and attach them to the hawse and I will give them a black wash.. I,ll save the guns for last the turrets will be assembled next and then i will go to the superstructure. Here is the update for the night.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0001.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0002.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0003.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0004.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0005.jpg  

Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0006.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0007.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0008.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0009.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0010.jpg  

Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0011.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0012.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 05:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Bones, your buils are all a joy to watch. Your speed and quality always amaze me. Of course, I see just how many hours at a stretch you put in. Look forward to your updates.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.56 MB
Quote:
When you start your kit I hope this thread will help you out
Absolutly this will help. When I start I will also post my results too.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 PM

Fitting out the superstructures

Ahoy
Thank you fellas for your views and replies i am always honored. Okat the update build report for today is the fitting out of the superstructure. The Illistration on this kit is all SNAFU the clearity of the parts that are to be assembled are not clear you gopt to put your miond in the designers head to get a good understanding of the build This kit is ancient as the Titanic i dont have a clue how old the kit is the age of the kit isn,t important getting it together is. I ran into a fit issue with the rear casement superstructure behind the forward superstructure, it was a tad to small so I spliced a piece about 1/32 of an inch I spliced it at the end whyere it joins at the rear casement gun deck you will hardly notice legend codes are not present you have to guess anything that looks like a former is doubled........ Another problem with the kit on the the closed bulwork rail on the navigation bridge is all white no ocean gray printing I havent attached it yet I will have to paint it and install same. other then that its starting to look like Admiral Jellecoes flagship tomorrow i will give the suoperstructure a good buirnishing. letting it dry for the night i will have aniother posting tomorrow. here is the update pix for the night.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0001.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0002.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0003.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0004.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0005.jpg  

Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0011.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0012.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0013.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0014.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0015.jpg  

Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0016.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0017.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0018.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

With or without fit issues she looks a beauty already even. Loving those tugs too
Old 03-15-2013, 06:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Love the freehand dots that make the rivets on the hull plates. Nice touch that brings the sheets to life.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 PM

Superstructure construction

Ahoy
A Hardy thank you Grandson Peter and Rob your the best, Okay things got slowed down today anoither honey do list for the Mrs, you dont keep mama happy your in a heap of Dung and no glue LOLlllllllllllllll all in comedy, update for the day is the continued construction on the foreard superstructure unit, as to the build i am building the subn assemblies and lastly the detailing and the guns. so far clear sailing no fit issues i got a break this time as mentioned opn the last post clearity of the parts positions are garbled and confuseing but the longer you look at the illistrations it will come to you. This is not a kit for the novis so be warned if your experienced enough to tackel fit issues and corecting fit problems this is the kit for you but once the kit is finished the reward comes to play.............. Tomorrow I will have the forward superstructure unit completed, I got the forward stack dry fitted to the O2 level behind the forward house..I will have this squared away also, then i will proceed with the rear stack and work aft and then forward again, here is the update for the evening.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0019.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0020.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0021.jpg