PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-29-2013, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet Boats it's surprising how hard that can hit, for all I swear at my cat I would hate to be without the little bugger at least you have the wonderful model of the Bounty to keep you occupied getting it into the bottle is going to be a bit of a sod though.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet, that's one thing i dread happening with mine.. i know it will happen one day, but hope that is many many years away yet. It will hit both of you hard, especially after so many years of having her with you. Hugs to you both.
Ahoy Grandson Peter
Thank you very much for your Condolences on our little Dixie like everyone our pets are like children specially when you grow old and our children have their own children and family its the only bad thing about life in general is we grow old with sickness and we end up food for worms. I shed a tear also but I have to be strong to support my wife.. My Ruthie and I are hugging you back thank you for your kindness.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Hms bounty-22526.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 PM

Running rigging of the yards

Ahoy
I hope everyone had a very wonderful easter now its time to get back to the build ...... The three yards on the mainmast has been attached to the mainmast, with all blocks previously installed makes my job easier.. Starting with the foresail yard I am rigging the halyards and topping haul line have been secured to the belaying rails..After the halyards and topping lifts have been rigged the sails will be sewed on without the sails you cant rig your sail lines so now is the time.. Okay fellas here are the pictures for the night I will post another when the running rigging is completed.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Hms bounty-pict0001.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0002.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0003.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0004.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0005.jpg  

Old 03-31-2013, 09:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Sorry for the loss of your pet. It's very tough. Over the last year and a half I lost my almost 20 year old cat and my barely 19 year old cat several months later. Even though I knew they were living on borrowed time, it is still hard to deal with. I wish you and Ruthie all the best while dealing with this tragedy.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 PM

Mainmast running rigging finished

Ahoy
Thank you Phil and Vermin King for your kindness and thoughts Ruthie and I had our little Rat Terrier cremated this Wednsday we can pick up her remains and have her in our cario.

Okay Fellas the build continues just finished up the running rigging on the yards on the mainmast all halyards and topping lifts have been secured next will be the mounting of the sails and the sail lines will follow. Hopefully by next week I will have her finished I went to Lowes today a purchased some plexi glass and had it cut to size to fit the Bounty dust is the worlds worst enemy on fully rigged ship or any other model. Here is the update for the night tomorrow I will have the sails on.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Hms bounty-pict0006.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0007.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0008.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0009.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0010.jpg  

Hms bounty-pict0011.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0012.jpg  
Old 04-02-2013, 03:38 PM

Sails completed

Ahoy
update for the now I will post another this evening Just finished sewing on the sails, next will be the running of the sail lines once the mainmast yards have been fully rigged I will rig the cannons The mizzen mast is removable its in place temporary until all of the halyard and running rigging blocks have been attached. here is the update.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
Hms bounty-pict0001.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0002.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0003.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0004.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0005.jpg  

Hms bounty-pict0006.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0007.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0008.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0009.jpg  
Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Ahoy
update for the now I will post another this evening Just finished sewing on the sails, next will be the running of the sail lines once the mainmast yards have been fully rigged I will rig the cannons The mizzen mast is removable its in place temporary until all of the halyard and running rigging blocks have been attached. here is the update.

boats
Please excuse the last picture I dropped the camera when I was snapping away. Boats steam and sizzle
Old 04-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
OMG Grandad, this is just bloody crazy.... how on earth you get such great work done in such a small amount of time is beyond me. I raise my hat to you sir, she's looking wonderful.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:23 PM

Sail lines completed

Ahoy
Here is the update for the night old eyeballs getting tired you can see why, The build is going as plan I will have her done next week sometime... Okay shipmates got the sail line rigging completed not much on this compared to a clipper, Next will be the rigging of the tiller and the canons the canons are not cemented down they are placed on the deck that way I can rig them with no sweat....... I went to the dollar store today to buy a few things I ventured in to the toy section I remembered one time they had bags of figures that look pretty well to the scale of 1/48 I grabbed a couple bags of pirates It will save me time instead of carving them like I done on the 4 sailors they will have to be modified I found one that will make a perfect Captain Bligh. The rigging was done as per plans the model is constructed like that of my Lurline wooden frames with cardstock skins stained with golden oak stain. Here is the update for the night.. Thank you Grandson Peter for your reply I am very great full .

Boats
Attached Thumbnails

Hms bounty-pict0006.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0007.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0008.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0009.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0010.jpg  

Hms bounty-pict0011.jpg