PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Hms bounty

Ahoy
The Iron duke is still in drydock I will turn to on her next week to keep the thread up to snuff. I ordered 40 Lifeboats and gravity davits for the Luriline. So Here is a build I started 38 years ago made from paper and wood this is the HMS Bounty the vessel needs no introduction the sailors are carved from pine wood I would like to finish the build of her on this wonderfull forum old Boats has alot of builds that need to be finished up so i will start with this one and when the parts come in on the Luriline I.ll finish her up, Here is the Bounty.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Hms bounty-pict0001.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0002.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0003.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0004.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0005.jpg  

Hms bounty-pict0006.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0007.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 01:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 130.59 MB
Another beautiful build Boats.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
She looks wonderful. You never cease to amaze me.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Excellence comes as standard with everything you lay your hands on Grandad, she's a beauty !
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Looking great captain!!........Rich
Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 PM

prepareing the yards

Ahoy Ships crew
thanks fellas for your replies I am very greatfull like the Luriline its an unusual build with mixed media of materials that makes up the Bounty the plans I used for the kit came from the Marine model company now long out of buisness scince 1979. along with bluiejacket ship crafters they were the main stay of wooden ship models.This is the second build of this model the first one was the marine model kit in which this model was based off of......... My late brother in law was a lawyer and wanted it for his office so i gave in return a life time of concel service if needed I always kept my nose clean never got into trouble so his services wasn,t nessesary......

Okay back to the build i logged in 7 hours today prepareing the mainmast yards. in the pictures are the making of the halyards in and out board vang guys ans topping lift blocks are attached to the fore main sail yard, royal main sail yard and top gallent mainsail yard. I attached the fore mainsail yard the saddels are made from cardstock I reamed out the holes in the saddels to except the choker line. the other two yards have parrels so they will be attached tomorrow and the sails will be added and the running rigging will be added as the build goes. here are the pictures.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Hms bounty-pict0001.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0002.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0003.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0004.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0005.jpg  

Hms bounty-pict0006.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0007.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0008.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0009.jpg   Hms bounty-pict0010.jpg  

Hms bounty-pict0011.jpg  
Old 03-28-2013, 05:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.56 MB
Very nice. A beauty like this deserves to be finished.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 204.72 MB
Wonderful work, and you certainly give one inspiration to revisit long-delayed projects to finish them up. And those figures...goodness, I don't think I'll ever try to make a figure, either in paper or wood, those look great and really enhance the ship.

Doug
Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 PM

Ahoy
Thanks bluenoser and Georgerutherford for your replies I am always Honored A short delay on the build My Ruthie and I had lost our little Rat Terrier due to liver failure from old age. we had her for 18 years Ruthie is taking it hard but it will pass. I will post another build report this evening on the bounty got to calm my woman down.

Boats
Old 03-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Ahoy
Thanks bluenoser and Georgerutherford for your replies I am always Honored A short delay on the build My Ruthie and I had lost our little Rat Terrier due to liver failure from old age. we had her for 18 years Ruthie is taking it hard but it will pass. I will post another build report this evening on the bounty got to calm my woman down.

Boats
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet, that's one thing i dread happening with mine.. i know it will happen one day, but hope that is many many years away yet. It will hit both of you hard, especially after so many years of having her with you. Hugs to you both.
Google Adsense