PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-12-2009, 08:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
IJN Hiei 1:300 - Maly

Although I am in the middle of an aircraft build, seeing enthusiastic IJN ship modelers threads here I couldn’t stop starting my IJN ship build.
It was my about face to opt for 1/300 Hiei from Maly modelers instead of 1/350 (original design is 1/250 but I am going to reduce the size) Takao from Digital Navy on which books I bought and have been envisioning how to build her. The reason is simple. In building Maly’s Hiei I don’t need to resize the kit and it seems to have been designed having as same detail of 1/200 model.
As to the “HIEI” it’s better to take a look at following site than to read my clumsy explanation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Hiei

I have frames for under water line done. Compared to 1/430 Fuso it looks much bigger. On reflection it’s no wonder considering the scale difference … I look dumb.
Attached Thumbnails
IJN Hiei 1:300 - Maly-hiei_0002.jpg   IJN Hiei 1:300 - Maly-hiei_0003.jpg   IJN Hiei 1:300 - Maly-hiei_0001.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Hi Yu,

I, for one, am glad to see you start up another IJN subject and the Hiei is an excellent choice. Seeing what you did with the Fuso in 1/430 scale was quite amazing, going up a few notches to 1/300 ought to make it a little easier and at the same time make for a rather grand finished project. Looking forwards to watching you work your magic with this one.

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 AM

I'm glad you're building this one, I really like the Hiei. From your description, it sounds like the kit would be good enough to blow up to 1:200 as well. I may have to buy this one.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
YuG
Here is the reworked deck for the Hiei
Kemot from konradus' site has redone the decks. Samples can beseen here WWW.KONRADUS.COM - FORUM MODELARZY KARTONOWYCH - Odp: [Free] HIEI (MM 7-8-9/2006) - poprawione pok?ady do pobrania and direct link to the decks is here http://konradus.net/download/kemot/hiei_pdf.zip

Here </title> </head> <TITLE>Mazowiecka Wojewódzka Organizacja Ligi Obrony Kraju you can download corrected 127mm guns (few of them are mirror images and need to be replaced). Here is direct link http://www.mazowszelok.nazwa.pl/downloads_mm/hiei_1.zip
Old 02-12-2009, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
The Hiei is a beautiful ship with a beautiful name, I'm looking forward to see this Maly kit built.
Google Adsense
Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Yu-san is not dumb and this will be a masterpiece. Bu Yu-san, are you doing a thread on your aircraft build?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Yu --

I am delighted to see another of your Japanese warship builds underway!

This will be a treat for all of us.

Ganbatte!

Don
Old 02-12-2009, 03:28 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
I was not a member of this site when you constructed Fuso. Very fine work. So I look forward to watching her take shape. This is one of the big dreadnoughts. Should be impressive. Looks like you will be a shipbuilder and aircraft mechanic at the same time.
Mike

Last edited by Michael Mash; 02-12-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:23 PM

YuG, I am so glad to see that you have picked the Hiei as your next piece of art. I am a big fan of IJN and this was a great ship in her day. I can not wait to see you work your magic. I won a copy of this from Ebay and being a Maly kit was very surprised at the quality of the art work. Will watch closely. My next purchase will be the 1:200 Fuso to go with my Fly 1989 1:200 Nagato, a real beauty and the most expensive kit I have purchased so far. Have you returned from Vietnam? Rick:D
Old 02-15-2009, 08:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 880.4 KB
Great one to build YuG. I have this kit too and your build photos will make an excellent guide for me.

I can't wait to see you get up out of the hull. This has to be one of the best MM kits designed to date.
Google Adsense