PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-25-2009, 08:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Pawel - nice work! I have the kit lying around here to, in fact I preparing to build it when I discovered Admiral Popoff's other crazy idea and decided I had to build *that* instead:

Cheers,

Oliver
Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
An excellent model, Pawel! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Oliver -- All of your Waldenmodels are works of art and provide the chance to replicate some fascinating examples of transitional naval architecture.

Don
Old 02-26-2009, 12:40 PM

Thanks for very nice comments.

Vicar - I think it would be vey easy to convert it to waterline model - as far as I remember the framework has round formers located exactly at the waterline so it would be enough just to cut off underwater parts of vertical formers.

Oliver - your Livadia is such a beauty! I hope I will get to build her one day as well.

Greeting,
Pawel
Old 02-27-2009, 12:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
It's all your fault Pawel, saw this one that you made so well and decided that since Mike (Gremir Models) has it on his site I had to get one to try some time in the future. Don't think it will likely come out as nice as yours but it sure is different looking than most of the others in my collection.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:28 PM

treadhead1952 - you won't regret it
As I said, this is really pleasure (and fun) to build this little monster.
Google Adsense
Old 02-27-2009, 03:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Hi Pawel,

You are right, I don't regret buying it, looking over the six pages worth of parts, they are deceptively simple looking. Comparing them to your finished build pictures and the pictures that Mike has included as part of his package shows that it can be built up to a very nice looking if not odd finished project. Just like I have discovered with the Akizuki build that I am currently working over, those few parts soon multiply into a host of things that have to be oriented, clipped, trimmed and turned into a 3 dimensional object. No small feat that.

I do look forward to building it though. Thanks for cluing me into a very unique ship design.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Wish I could've seen the build KP. Looks nice in the end. Funny that so many Russian ships and German ships are lying around in models but almost no Brit or (gasp) French. Oliver, you gotta know that I love your build. Just beautiful.

Let's start stretching our predreadnought builds. There are more of them out there. Let's see 'em. HMV has a few. I understand that there is a good model of Lavoisier coming out soon. Can't remember the designer's name but he does not work for Orel. Might be a good kit (OK, kick me now)

Carl
Old 02-27-2009, 06:52 PM

I'm with you on the pre-dreadnoughts, Carl! Unfortunately, I have so very little spare time these days...I'm trying to make the most of every minute (I'm writing this while sitting on the ) On top of that my current love is this lovely four-funnelled greyhound. Got plans and plenty of pics, so methinks this guy is up next. Who knows, might be done by Christmas...

Cheers,

Oliver
Attached Thumbnails
Battleship Novgorod - Pro-Model 1:200-c2.jpg  
Old 02-27-2009, 07:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Oh, man. Four funnelled ships make me drool. Very much looking forward to it Oliver. It occurs to me that we need to have Gil figure out how to make coal smoke out of paper!

I've been looking at plans for paddle-wheelers and thinking about it... but I have too many other iron/steel transistion ships on my list. Please do this build!

Carl
Old 02-27-2009, 07:53 PM

I agree, that's one beautiful ship!

Oliver, how do your other models scale up to 1:200 on letter paper? Will any parts be too big? I've been tempted to buy them, but I've decided that all my full hulls need to be 1:200 and my waterlines 1:250. Your models seem to require the full hull treatment, at least to me - very unusual and interesting hulls.