PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-26-2009, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
CSS Nashville 1/250

Great little model from new Ukrainian designer Artem Dubovyk!

Nice-looked and realistic weathered model. 2 pages.

Get it now: der Kampfflieger card models
Google Adsense
Old 02-26-2009, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Wow, cool. I will be getting this one, and add it to my small fleet. I have the water line model of the Passaic class monitors, a steam tug Clyde, four steam paddel wheelers, a mortar raft, and an Confederate Ironclad ram, all in 1:250 scale, so this would be a great addition. I also have a couple of post Civil War monitors in the same scale. This ship would be great, and for $4.75 it is a real deal! Thanks for posting it.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:59 PM

I see on Zealot that people are pointing out the flaws of this design compared to the original? I do not care. This ship was never completed in real life so we do not know what the finished ship might have looked like. The CSS Louisiana was never compleated either, but it makes a good model. The biggest flaw with this model is the write up from the sales page. They mixed up the service record with the creuser CSS Nashville, renamed CSS Rattlesnake, and it was not an iron clad. The ironclad CSS Nashville was built late in the war and was getting armored from a scrapped out ram. The work was never finished. Any how, this is still a nice looking model.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct ertz View Post
I see on Zealot that people are pointing out the flaws of this design compared to the original? I do not care. This ship was never completed in real life so we do not know what the finished ship might have looked like.
I agree! And especially for $4.75 I can't complain. Plus I don't have the knowledge to nitpick :D
Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 AM

I like any of these Civil War ironclad models. The north started something like 70 ironclads and commissioned something like 50, and the south started something like 50 and commissioned over 20. There is a lot to choose from, if only designers had interest in making more! I would love to make my own, but my computer skills are less then needed.
Google Adsense
Old 03-05-2009, 07:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct ertz View Post
I like any of these Civil War ironclad models. The north started something like 70 ironclads and commissioned something like 50, and the south started something like 50 and commissioned over 20. There is a lot to choose from, if only designers had interest in making more! I would love to make my own, but my computer skills are less then needed.
They are coming....slowly.....but they are coming!

Latest addition to my lineup are Monitor and Passaic, both to be released later this month. Other designers are working too....

[email protected]
Old 03-05-2009, 08:30 PM

APA-168,
I would love to do the Passaic in both the Civil War and post Civil War configurations. The Post Civil War/Spanish American War configuration would be interesting because of the wooden decking and light weight flying bridge being added. Anyhow, are you doing waterline models or full hull? What Scale?
CT
Old 03-05-2009, 08:42 PM

I've got a beta build started on the Monitor and it's in 1:250. Unfortunately the CAD file was lost for a while but I believe that I have all the parts now. In the interim, I went back to Isuzu and once that's soon finished, I'll get get this one done up before moving onto Zuikaku.

So far, it's a really nice kit.

USS Monitor 1:250 Beta Build e-cardmodels.com
Old 03-05-2009, 09:01 PM

Hello Jim,
Your Monitor looks great, and I like the scale! I am also looking for a model of the CSS Mannassas, and a card model of the CSS Arkansas. One day...
Old 03-06-2009, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
CSS Arkansas is on my "to-do" list. All my models are 1/250 scale waterline. I am planning a Spanish-American war version of Passaic, but that is a ways off yet. I plan on doing all US monitors at all periods in their lives so you can basically build a model of any monitor at any point in time. Still missing some vital info for my next project though...still need plans for USS Canonicus.

Apologies for hijacking this thread so quickly, the model looks nice though it is unfortunately flawed.

[email protected]

Last edited by APA-168; 03-06-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Google Adsense