PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 06-06-2012, 01:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The "Caribbean Pirate Ship" is exactly what my picture shows. I know; I put it together. Here's an eBay auction showing the box art. It's a small model . . . and I have a big thumb.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.11 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Wadcutter ....Disneyland, where dreams come true huh?

The more I get into this Disney thing (Have y'all seen Page 42 ? Page 42 - paper models and games virtual archive ) the nearer Paris begins to look. Just maybe this old codger could be considering a weekend trip! But if the Wife finds out I've been to Paris for the weekend, she'll never believe I went to Disneyland. Nor that I went alone.
Johnny.
We holiday at DLRP every year, and have done since the kids were little. This year will be our 14th trip, and our 6th without children ! Book now for Halloween - you won't be disappointed
Old 06-06-2012, 03:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Cheers for that Robert. My one hasn't arrived yet, but somehow I thought it would be a lot bigger than that.

Hancocp ... My kids are all over 40, and the Grandkids are all 'orrible teenagers now. The Wife went to Disneyland Paris with a few of them some years back now, and now I wish I'd gone with them. She went mainly as a baby sitter, so the parents could go out in the evening.

Regretably she isn't a Disney fan and doesn't want to go again. She hates travelling and even turned me down on a Caribbean cruise last year, so it would be a loner trip for me now. I know I'd enjoy it, and I'd love to drive it, but it would be dificult to justify the expence if I go alone. If I could persuade her to go to Paris, Disneyland just wouldn't be on the agenda, and I'd hate the City shops.

We pretty much toured the world for thirty years during my Army Career, but she's pretty much dug in now I've retired. I still get to explore the world via the internet though.

Johnny.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:52 PM

Just to let y'all know that my Jolly Roger has survived it's Atlantic crossing OK. Yep, it is as small as Robert's picture, but it is very detailed, and kinda cute with it. I'm looking forward to making it up. Being an early model it's cast in a nice wooden brown colour, not in black like the current issue. This will save a lot of fiddly painting on the masts, etc.

Back to the original thread topic ... I note that UHU's Black Pearl has now been listed at Alice Papermodels, along with The Disney Experience Wicked Wench and Mark Twain. Along with many, many other no doubt pirated models that I've seen elsewhere around the Web. They don't seem to have latched onto the huge Pokemon scene yet though, and as yet Cami's little jewels are safe.

They've grown so big now that I doubt that Alibaba are likely to pay much attention to our protests.

Johnny.

PS: D'yer want the JR box when I'm done with it Dave?

Last edited by JohnM; 06-15-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
oh thanks for the offer!

I think it would make a nice shelf display item.

but its not really important enough for me to spend the postage on it
and I sure wouldn't expect you to pay for shipping!...

so just hang on to it...one day you will sell the model and it will be worth more
with the original box!
Google Adsense
Old 06-15-2012, 04:58 PM

And for anyone still struggling to find a free link to UHU's Black Pearl,
there's a direct link to the download given on website.

Johnny.

Last edited by ARMORMAN; 06-17-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
was the model ever finished? what material was used for the planking?