PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-05-2009, 02:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Help!

OK, we have a fund raising day for cub scouts coming up on May 16th. It is Heritage Days, and there will be many vendors as well as a parade through town and so on. We have a table/booth space are promoting Cub Scouts twilight camp and the theme is Pirates. My wife has asked that I get some card model kits put together to sell at our booth. Designing models is still beyond my skills. Would anyone sell me some kits with a pirate theme? Treasure chests, cannon, pirate ships, even a simple (relatively) sloop would be great. I could print out the models on card and package with instructions, and build a demo too. Also, a bit on the print out saying that this is a fund raiser for pack 1755 would be great, along with the designers info or web site of course. I will be paying for the kits myself, so please keep that in mind! So is there a designer out there who would like to pick up a few bucks and get his site/name out there and help out our scouts? I do realize that it is a lot to ask and rather short notice. I would be happy if I can sell any kits with a general historic theme as well for that matter. I have no idea how many I will need or how many will sell, but I want something besides beaded jewelry and baked goods this year. The ideal retail price at our table would be between $4 and $10.00 depending on the kit. That would have to cover the cost of the downloads, the printer ink and card stock, and enough left over for the scouts! I know, I am asking a lot. Any thought, ideas, or help?
Google Adsense
Old 04-05-2009, 03:32 PM

And by the way, our scouts love doing paper models. I made the mistake of bringing some of my unfinished kits to a meeting, and they swarmed me! My five year old also like doing models too, and he is really interested in Monitors. We got him a book from the library and he really likes pointing out the turret and pilot house!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Test build.

Mr. Ertz,

Here is a test build of a simple ship that I designed for your Cub Scouts. It will have a total of three masts, and printed-on details, provided you like what you see so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Help!-ship-bow-above..jpg   Help!-ship-port-side..jpg   Help!-ship-port-stern..jpg   Help!-ship-starboard-stern..jpg   Help!-ship-stern-above..jpg  

Old 04-15-2009, 12:46 PM

I think our folks would get a big kick out of these! Good job so far, by the way! I look foreword to seeing the details. Thanks again for your help.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
My Scout grandsons would enjoy your ship, Mark. I look forward to seeing it become available.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 PM

Thank you, Gentlemen. I shall continue the design.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:55 PM

Advanced prototype ready.

Here are the photos of the refined prototype of the ship model. I colored the original parts sheets with crayons, and ran them through my color copier. The result is a weathered-paint-on-old-wood appearance, that I think looks very nautical.

This is the first paper ship model that I have designed and built, not counting any attempts at making cardboard boats when I was very young. I'm proud of it. It even has a crow's nest.
Attached Thumbnails
Help!-bow-view-whole-ship..jpg   Help!-bow-starboard-side-close-up..jpg   Help!-close-up-stern..jpg   Help!-crows-nest-top..jpg   Help!-crows-nest-head-..jpg  

Last edited by markcrowel; 04-24-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:06 PM

Five more photos.

Mr. Ertz,

Here are the rest of the photos. I'm eager to know what you think of the ship.
Attached Thumbnails
Help!-deck-view-stern..jpg   Help!-label-sail..jpg   Help!-port-side..jpg   Help!-starboard-side..jpg   Help!-stern-view-whole-ship..jpg  

Old 04-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Eternal Member

It looks fun

Old 04-24-2009, 09:00 PM

Looks great. I think it will be a great item at the fund raiser, but it would also go over well at our Pirate themed Twilight Camp in July. Our fund raiser on May 16th is in part to support Twilight camp. Looks cool, thanks for your effort.
Google Adsense