PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 09-20-2014, 08:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 102.95 MB
Maly Modelarz 1/300 Hiei

Hi all, I received a package from Orlik with the Maly Modelarz Hiei tucked neatly inside. So I have put the Mikasa I am building aside to get going on this.
I decided to start with the guns. There are no barrels provided, just templates. There is a set of metal barrels available but I decided to try paper ones. I put the digital navy Arizona barrels next to the template and found that when cut a bit shorter, they are a perfect match. I went through a lot of ink recolouring and then test printing using gimp to get them to match the printed gray of the kit.
I couldn't find instructions for making the guns, and after some research discovered my kit is missing a page of instructions. It is the centre sheet that contains pages 7 8 9 and 10. Does anyone have a scan of thee pages they can send me. There is a lot of important stuff on them.

Robert

PS sorry for the sideways image. I will fix it up if I can figure out how.
Attached Thumbnails
Maly Modelarz 1/300 Hiei-20140921_115031.jpg   Maly Modelarz 1/300 Hiei-20140921_115043.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-21-2014, 02:27 AM

This is a wonderful forum! Yu Gyokubun and Herky were very quick to offer scans of the missing pages to me. I now have the full instructions, and after looking at them I can see how much trouble I would have been without them. So thanks so much guys.

Robert
Old 09-22-2014, 01:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looking forward to your build.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
There used to be an errata sheet on Maly's website for a few parts. Just looked and can no longer find a link for it. If you need it, I may have it on my hard drive at home. Just send me a PM with an address to e-mail it too.

Also Konradus forum has a link to improved deck parts. See Darwin's thread here for more info:

IJN Hiei

greg
Old 09-23-2014, 04:00 AM

Thanks for the links to the deck. I printed it at work on the laser printer. It looks beautiful, but kind too real. I think, as I am going to try and do the model stock, it would stand out too much from the rest. I then printed it at home on my cheap inkjet printer, and it came out less beautiful, but I think more fitting for the model, so I will use that one. The gray is closer to the printed parts on the inkjet version, but still to dark, so I think I will cut up the original deck and overlay the gray parts. i think it will look good if I am careful enough..
I hope to start production soon.

Robert

PS, I sent you a PM Modelperry regarding the errata sheet. Thanks for thinking of it. The gun shields wont work back to front.
Google Adsense
Old 09-24-2014, 01:01 AM

Thanks to Modelperry for sending the errata. I printed it and it was a nice gray but different to the printed kit parts. I recoloured using my main gun colour and the part is now good to go.

Robert