PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-06-2014, 09:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
There are a few decades of cruise design and marketing changes between France and Disney however, I do like the France better.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachead View Post
There are a few decades of cruise design and marketing changes between France and Disney however, I do like the France better.
yup and obviously the newer ships are much more technology than the older ones.i just think they have very little elegance to them.i also wonder how some of these newer ships with high sides and lack of streamlining would stand up to weather.I realise of course that most of them are designed for cruising rather than open ocean crossings
Old 12-07-2014, 08:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
i left a lot of the british liners off the list as they primarily dealt with australia,new zealand and south africa trades.i was looking mainly at ships that were designed for the transatlantic trade
most of the ships mr den bakker mentions sailed on the transatlantic route. check out this company, several models are in the list..... (holland america line - or as written in dutch holland amerika lijn)

Holland America Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the old officebuilding is now called Hotel New York, there's also a paper model of that building, although i cannot tell you where to get that model outside the hotel's gift shop

regards
Old 12-07-2014, 12:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.71 MB
Well we must admit that time is changing and some things becomes just a glamorous history and memories, that should be preserved and not forgotten.

Foute Man's uploaded picture surprisingly illustrates our's discussion. Old, 19 century building, with many decorations vs modern multistory building. An old one has it's charm, history the modern one better accommodation, energy deficiency, but lack in style...
Although most of today's cruise ships are more like to be a floating platforms for entertainment facilities, still IMHO, those vessels may impress with futuristic design solutions made of steel and glass. Enough to see images of 225'000 GT Oasis of the Seas.

I guess most of marine enthusiast have hear that one Australian billionaire is getting to build Titanic's replica Titanic 2.
I've read some some details about new ship, such as: dummy rudder, no bent deck hull, 56'000 GT instead of original 46'000, modern orange lifeboats on the sides - all in all great fun for tourists and huge disrespect to original vessel (imho)
Old 12-07-2014, 04:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharunas View Post
Well we must admit that time is changing and some things becomes just a glamorous history and memories, that should be preserved and not forgotten.

Foute Man's uploaded picture surprisingly illustrates our's discussion. Old, 19 century building, with many decorations vs modern multistory building. An old one has it's charm, history the modern one better accommodation, energy deficiency, but lack in style...
Although most of today's cruise ships are more like to be a floating platforms for entertainment facilities, still IMHO, those vessels may impress with futuristic design solutions made of steel and glass. Enough to see images of 225'000 GT Oasis of the Seas.

I guess most of marine enthusiast have hear that one Australian billionaire is getting to build Titanic's replica Titanic 2.
I've read some some details about new ship, such as: dummy rudder, no bent deck hull, 56'000 GT instead of original 46'000, modern orange lifeboats on the sides - all in all great fun for tourists and huge disrespect to original vessel (imho)
yeah saw that also.being in new zealand and with the rivalry between new zealand and australia mayby some one here will build a replica of the iceberg---just kidding
Google Adsense