PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-06-2017, 06:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 80.02 MB
Hi,

I know this all, that is why I said earlier in my thread that I tried to make a kind of hybrid model, out of the builders models and details as far as I can see them from the few "distance" photographs I have of the ship ! I never pretended to make a exact copy of KONGO as she was in 1912, because this is impossible without having any detailed information about her !!
For instance I also used scale 1:700 model pictures for building my model, hoping that the Japanese publishers of the 1:700 model found more details as I could find !!

John.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 78.14 MB
Send a message via MSN to rebelatsea
OK ,that's good then. I have seem any modellers fall into the trap of copying the outline builders plans then finding the ship doesn't match photographs. I did it myself in my early modelling years. Some commercial plastic manufacturers fell into the same trap. Mind you that was aboon to kit bashers ! I've done that too.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelatsea View Post
OK ,that's good then. I have seem any modellers fall into the trap of copying the outline builders plans then finding the ship doesn't match photographs. I did it myself in my early modelling years. Some commercial plastic manufacturers fell into the same trap. Mind you that was aboon to kit bashers ! I've done that too.
By the way, I forget to tell you, I also have some drawings of the ship. One set are yard drawings, so I suppose these will be the closets looking ones for the real ship, and I have a set of the preliminary drawings which are different in details, but I use the Yard plans for building my model, and compare these with the photographs of the Builders model. I always try to do my research work as thorough as possible !!

John.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:23 AM

TAMA is finished, now it is time to finish KONGO, here some pictures of how she is right now:
Attached Thumbnails
Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-_jmd6058.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-_jmd6059.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-_jmd6060.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-_jmd6061.jpg  
Old 09-30-2020, 05:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
Been so long. I had forgotten you're building this in her early years. Really love the wooden deck.
Google Adsense
Old 08-26-2023, 09:33 AM

FINALLY !!!!! I have finished KONGO, took a long time with some intervals !! But she came out beautiful, if I may say so myself !
I am waiting now for the showcase I ordered, before I can move it from my workplace to the living room where I will make a photo gallery of the ship which also will be shown here ! Just a little patient
Old 08-26-2023, 10:00 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Looking forward to it John . . . worth waiting for!
Old 08-29-2023, 10:29 AM

Here are the promised photographs, still made in my workshop. because the showcase takes longer to be finished as promised by the company. But I think you will still enjoy them !!!
Have some problems getting them in the forum, but I will finally manage !!
Old 08-29-2023, 10:45 AM

Took some effort to get them from iPad to iMac (although Apple says it is sooooo easy), but here they are (forum is lately very slow in loading)
Attached Thumbnails
Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0033.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0034.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0035.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0036.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0037.jpg  

Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0038.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0039.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0040.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0041.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0042.jpg  

Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0043.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0044.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0045.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0046.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0047.jpg  

Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0048.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0049.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0050.jpg   Builders Model of HIJMS Kongo !-img_0051.jpg  
Old 08-29-2023, 10:53 AM

One the port side of the ship the Torpedo booms and net is deployed, on the starboard side the torpedo booms are in the storage position. As I wrote in earlier threads I made the model with the builders model and the preliminary drawings of the ship in mind, the rigging shown on the deployed side I took from ships of the same time period.
Google Adsense