PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Many thanks.

I can only print on A4, but with that info I can adjust now to get the correct scaling.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 173.93 MB
If you print on A4 but select scale 100% will that print letter size on A4?

Regards Alan
Old 02-09-2015, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
You can print at 100% to maintain the scale, but you have to make sure the printed parts page will fit your printer's margins. A4 is narrower and longer than USLtr. Sometimes the parts exceed the margins of the printable area and will be cut off a little bit, either at the top or bottom of the page or at the sides.

My printer software shows a shaded area around the page size representing the printable area. Sometimes an A4 page will fit a USLtr page and sometimes a USLtr page will fit an A4 page, it depends on how the parts are arranged on the page. If the parts are too close to one of the edges then you will probably have some trouble when printing at 100%. Keep an eye on your allowable margins and see if the page will print correctly at 100%. I have both USLtr card stock and A4 card stock. The A4 was made by trimming some oversized card stock to A4 size. You could get some oversized card stock and trim it to the size you need.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 304.20 MB
Hello Trent

I was wondering how large (down load size this file is!) I have dial- up and many times theres an interrupt error when i download from Ecard. I'm trying to get some type of high speed that works. Thank You John
Old 02-09-2015, 07:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaace View Post
Hello Trent

I was wondering how large (down load size this file is!) I have dial- up and many times theres an interrupt error when i download from Ecard. I'm trying to get some type of high speed that works. Thank You John
Just under 12 megabytes.
Google Adsense
Old 02-09-2015, 09:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 304.20 MB
Thank You nikischutt

Thanks that helps that size is questionable. (usually 8mgs is ok any thing over that I may not get the file or it'll be damaged or only part there. I have a resume type software but Ecard does not recognize it. I'll try to get a high speed service where I live.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 173.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
You can print at 100% to maintain the scale, but you have to make sure the printed parts page will fit your printer's margins. A4 is narrower and longer than USLtr. Sometimes the parts exceed the margins of the printable area and will be cut off a little bit, either at the top or bottom of the page or at the sides.

My printer software shows a shaded area around the page size representing the printable area. Sometimes an A4 page will fit a USLtr page and sometimes a USLtr page will fit an A4 page, it depends on how the parts are arranged on the page. If the parts are too close to one of the edges then you will probably have some trouble when printing at 100%. Keep an eye on your allowable margins and see if the page will print correctly at 100%. I have both USLtr card stock and A4 card stock. The A4 was made by trimming some oversized card stock to A4 size. You could get some oversized card stock and trim it to the size you need.
Thanks that makes sense.

Regards Alan
Old 02-14-2015, 03:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
I like the fact that is printed ''Dirty" ie it looks like its actually in service rather than a showroom model