PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 10-29-2015, 10:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.20 GB
1-250 Nippon Maru Cruise Ship by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)

The first successful experience with the redesigning Senaun's MS Pacific Venus encouraged me to do the same with Nippon Maru cruise ship (SD-style or super-deformed paper model of the same designer - Mr. Masato Nishiguchi aka Senaun).
This task was too much harder than previous (in the case of Pacific Venus restoration I used 1-1400 simple paper model of PaperDiorama's Pacific Venis in normal dimentions as a blueprints). I have only decks plans and photos of the real thing. Also, the MS Pacific Venus templates were in vector format while Nippon Maru was in bitmap, so I have to vectorize it first. But I had the experience of building SD variant of Nippon Maru and this helped a lot.
Here are the photos of SD Nippon Maru (I enlarged twice the templates and the scale is about 1:250).
Attached Thumbnails
Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa181827.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa181828.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa181829.jpg  

Last edited by Serg3t; 10-29-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 10-29-2015, 10:21 AM

And here is some building process of redesigned templates:
Attached Thumbnails
Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa221857.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa241861.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa241862.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa241863.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa241864.jpg  

Old 10-29-2015, 10:24 AM

The ship is about to ready:
Attached Thumbnails
Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa301866-2-.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa301867.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pa301866.jpg  
Old 10-29-2015, 10:26 AM

And the finished model (with the SD-variant):
Attached Thumbnails
Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111924.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111925.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111926.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111927.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111928.jpg  

Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111929.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111930.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111931.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111932.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111933.jpg  

Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111934.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111935.jpg   Nippom Maru by Senaun (Restoration from SD-style templates)-pb111936.jpg  
Old 10-29-2015, 11:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.65 GB
Beautiful work! Will the redesigned model be available publicly?
Google Adsense
Old 10-29-2015, 11:35 AM

Hi Zot!
Thank you.
That is a good question. I did not think about publication of the templates when I was working on it. I made a restoration step-by-step (vectorization of some parts, enlarging twice, exporting to PDF, printing, then building). The resulted restored templates has too many mistakes that I corrected manually on printed templates with scissors (I did not edit the computer files), and now I forgot what should be corrected.
The only variant I see is to make another ship with the black hull (the same ship after major overhaul) with corrections of all errors. But I do not know when I have enough free time to manage that.

Sergey.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 299.30 MB
Hello Serg3t,

very nice work.
How about this one as your next challenge:

https://www.kartonmodellbau.org/publ...cilie.shtml.de

Best regards,
Torben
Old 10-30-2015, 10:47 AM

Hello Torben,

Thank you. I prefer modern (about 1980+) cruise ships. Among vintage I like camo Olympic and am thinking about enlarged model by Ralph Currell. Enlarged - because my building skill is "beginner" and Ralph's model is simple enough for me but only being enlarged twice or trice...

Sergey.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg3t View Post
Hello Torben,

Thank you. I prefer modern (about 1980+) cruise ships. Among vintage I like camo Olympic and am thinking about enlarged model by Ralph Currell. Enlarged - because my building skill is "beginner" and Ralph's model is simple enough for me but only being enlarged twice or trice...

Sergey.
i recently got hold of canons soya but at 1;100 scale.its a good build