PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 10-29-2015, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i need a dutchman

got my scaldis leonardo de vinci model today.only instructions are on bottom of hull.can anyone translate the two attached pages for me please
thanks
herky
Attached Thumbnails
i need a dutchman-img285.jpg   i need a dutchman-img286.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-30-2015, 12:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
... pssst ... they like to be called Hollanders ...

Old 10-30-2015, 12:52 AM

no worries.dont mind where they come from as long as they read dutch lol
Old 10-30-2015, 01:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 106.24 MB
Well, I am an Englishman living in the NL for 10 years now.
I have started on the first page for you, so will post both English translations for you shortly ......
Old 10-30-2015, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBKing View Post
Well, I am an Englishman living in the NL for 10 years now.
I have started on the first page for you, so will post both English translations for you shortly ......
that is great thank you.i could have asked my partner as he speaks afrikaans and i thni the two languages are similar but shes away for few days
Google Adsense
Old 10-30-2015, 01:56 AM

LEONARDO DA VINCE

On part I (deel I) of the bottom, fold the glue tabs downwards all the way around.
Form/shape both of the front sidewalls so that Former B fits in precisely. Then glue this to the baseplate, thereafter fold over and glue the upper glue tabs.

Part II (Deel II) of the bottom is glued precisely to Part I (deel I) between the projecting triangular parts on the front section.
Then glue the rear sidewalls around it. Align the port and starboard sidewalls precisely along the length, and glue together.

Glue formers A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H into the hull. To find the correct gluing position, first prick holes at the black spots.

On the forward deck glue parts 1, 2 and 3. Thereafter first glue former I and then the whole forward deck into position.

Glue deckhouse 4 to the rear deck and then glue the deck to the hull. Now we finish the whole of the superstructure of the ship.
First glue the railing to the rear of the Promenade deck and then glue deckhouse 5 and then the swimming pool 6 with part 6A on it.
Glue deckhouses 7, 8, 9, 10 and the swimming pool 11 with 11A onto the boatdeck.
Then glue the lido deck onto this.

Section 2 coming shortly ........
Old 10-30-2015, 02:31 AM

Glue part 12 to the frontside and to the sides of the boatdeck. Next glue 13 and 14 next to the railing.
Glue the promenade deck between the end of the long railings.
First glue the standing walls of part 15 next to the railing and then part 15 onto the deck.
Now glue part 16 onto this. Next glue parts 17, 18, 19 and 19A.
Glue parts 20 and 21 next to the sundeck and then glue this deck into place. Glue parts 22 and 23 to the sundeck
Right at the front glue the bridge 24 and then the wheelhouse 25 onto this.

First glue parts 26, 27 and 28 to the observation(?) deck and then glue the deck into place.
Then attach top deck 29 on the front of the wheelhouse.
Now glue the whole superstructure to the ship.
Glue the bottom part 30 of the chimney in its place. Now glue the chimney 31 together and glue to the ship. Glue part 32 to the chimney.

To attach the mast make an opening in part 34 for the mast to pass through. Now glue parts 35 and 36 to the front of the mast.
Glue the two parts of the derricks 37 together and then fit to the slots in the prow.
Construct the two small boats 38.
Glue the halves of the davits together and onto the indicated spots and then attach the boats to these.

I hope that helps you out. It may noot be perfect, but I think you can work it out. ;-)
Old 10-30-2015, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBKing View Post
LEONARDO DA VINCE

On part I (deel I) of the bottom, fold the glue tabs downwards all the way around.
Form/shape both of the front sidewalls so that Former B fits in precisely. Then glue this to the baseplate, thereafter fold over and glue the upper glue tabs.

Part II (Deel II) of the bottom is glued precisely to Part I (deel I) between the projecting triangular parts on the front section.
Then glue the rear sidewalls around it. Align the port and starboard sidewalls precisely along the length, and glue together.

Glue formers A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H into the hull. To find the correct gluing position, first prick holes at the black spots.

On the forward deck glue parts 1, 2 and 3. Thereafter first glue former I and then the whole forward deck into position.

Glue deckhouse 4 to the rear deck and then glue the deck to the hull. Now we finish the whole of the superstructure of the ship.
First glue the railing to the rear of the Promenade deck and then glue deckhouse 5 and then the swimming pool 6 with part 6A on it.
Glue deckhouses 7, 8, 9, 10 and the swimming pool 11 with 11A onto the boatdeck.
Then glue the lido deck onto this.

Section 2 coming shortly ........
thats good thanks.i had worked out the keel parts from the model but wanted to check before i got onto deck parts
Old 10-30-2015, 02:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
[QUOTE=looker;509689]... pssst ... they like to be called Hollanders ...

pssst...we have twelve provinces in our country, only two with 'Holland' in their name. People living in the other provinces do not really like being called 'Hollanders'- especially Frisians are a bit sensitive on this point. Which is why
the official name of our country is The Netherlands. Very similar to English, British, Scots etc.
The word 'Dutch' was introduced into 16th century English - it was a corruption of the German word 'Deutsch', and was used to indicate anyone from the western part of the continent.

Diderick A. den Bakker, The Nethherlands
Old 10-30-2015, 03:18 AM

[QUOTE=Diderick A. den Bakker;509707]
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker View Post
... pssst ... they like to be called Hollanders ...

pssst...we have twelve provinces in our country, only two with 'Holland' in their name. People living in the other provinces do not really like being called 'Hollanders'- especially Frisians are a bit sensitive on this point. Which is why
the official name of our country is The Netherlands. Very similar to English, British, Scots etc.
The word 'Dutch' was introduced into 16th century English - it was a corruption of the German word 'Deutsch', and was used to indicate anyone from the western part of the continent.

Diderick A. den Bakker, The Nethherlands
at school i was taught the country was the netherlands but the people and the language was dutch.im learning new things every day
Google Adsense