PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-22-2016, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
Quote:
Tom, I would like the Epinal Jauréguiberry please.
Bill: I uploaded the file to the "Ships and Maritime Hardware" section. Hopefully it will be approved soonish for downloading. I'll also post the information in the Vintage Model section. Tom
Old 01-23-2016, 12:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 214.95 MB
Thanks, Tom
Old 01-23-2016, 04:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 128.43 MB
Hello Mike!
Another interesting ship ...
Great work will be starting from scratch to build a big challenge!
regards,Joe
Old 01-28-2016, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 123.55 MB
I look forward to following this build, Love the look of Pre dreadnought ships
Old 01-29-2016, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 40.66 MB
Thank you Tom for sharing this old epinal paper model !
Google Adsense
Old 02-02-2016, 06:03 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
02 – Hull Frame

Hello Modelers:

Thank You for the good response to my introduction of the Jauréguiberry project. I hope the work does not disappoint.

Construction of the frame continues. As usual, I fastened the waterline deck to a piece of fiberboard, while building up the underwater hull frame. The parts are made with card doubled in thickness, except for many of the horizontal decks. The waterline deck is doubled card, but the remaining decks above and below the waterline are single thickness. Images 9, 10 and 11 show the underwater hull turned upside down. Then I released the frame from the fiberboard (Image 12) and put it into its dock, right side up. The remaining images show the addition of the cross members and horizontal decks above the waterline. There will be six horizontal decks. The real ship had 7. The one I left off would be located at the very bottom along the keel. I decided it was not worth the work.

Historical Image: This is a nice image of one of the predecessors of Jaureguiberry.
It has the same layout for the primary guns, with similar tumblehome features.
This appears to be the battleship Marceau, but I am not certain.
It pre-dates the development of the enclosed turret shell. Notice they covered the guns with canvas when not in use. Not a very beautiful ship, but an exceptionally sharp and clear picture.
In 1920, she was being towed to France for scrap, when the ship became grounded off the coast of Tunisia. The wreck remained there and was visible into the 1930s.

Regards,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
-009-frame-bow-underwater-completed.jpg   -010-frame-stern-underwater-completed.jpg   -011-frame-underwater-completed.jpg   -012-hull-frame.jpg   -013-hull-frame.jpg  

-014-hull-frame-bow-view.jpg   -015-hull-frame-stern-view.jpg   -016-hull-frame-starboard-bow.jpg   -017-hull-line-drawing.jpg   -018-french-battleship-marceau.jpg  

Old 02-02-2016, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Quality modeling at it's best!! Superior workmanship..
Old 02-02-2016, 08:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
What a wonderful project, combining master craftsmanship with a fascinating choice of subjects!

I really like the idea of the internal structure printed with graphics! It provides an opportunity to really get a three-dimensional feel for the interior of the ship. Using period blueprint-style graphics makes it even more attractive.

What a shame that interior will be covered up! I think a model with internal construction like this would look great with half of the hull covered, half exposed to show that intriguing interior.

Thanks, Michael, for sharing all the photos and insights for this excellent project!
Old 02-07-2016, 04:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Great work Michael off to a good start on what I know will be a brilliant scratch build will enjoy watching you work your magic.

Old 02-07-2016, 04:45 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Deco View Post
What a wonderful project, combining master craftsmanship with a fascinating choice of subjects!

I really like the idea of the internal structure printed with graphics! It provides an opportunity to really get a three-dimensional feel for the interior of the ship. Using period blueprint-style graphics makes it even more attractive.

What a shame that interior will be covered up! I think a model with internal construction like this would look great with half of the hull covered, half exposed to show that intriguing interior.

Thanks, Michael, for sharing all the photos and insights for this excellent project!

Thanks Art.

I have to admit, the printed details on the frames and decks has caused me to spend some time contemplating the interior. Particularly in the area of the engines, as you can see in the attached image. I have no plans to open the interior and create some detail. However, John MGD does it with some of his work. Here is the link to his thread showing the interior of a Yamato gun turret.
Mike

Gun Turret HIJMS YAMATO 1:100
Attached Thumbnails
-interior-detail-engine-room.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
french, ship, jauréguiberry, images, build, project, armament, design, battleships, characteristics, photos, provide, report, details, show, plans, guns, navy, i’ll, searching, battleship, navy’s, digital, bernard, main