PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-11-2024, 06:11 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryf View Post
Hello,I'm new to the forum, but I really like this project, wonderful workmanship - there are very few studies from this period. I would like such a model in my collection - is the design available anywhere?

Hello Dryf, welcome to the forum.
I admire your desire to build Jauréguiberry.

Here is what I can tell you about it.

The French website (“Service Historique”) where the plans were obtained was not available for quite some time afterwards. I think it was taken off line for upgrading and reorganization. I do not know if the site was moved and/or is now available. You might try searching the web for it. Or perhaps, some others here reading this post will have some information about it.

Unfortunately, the old CD containing the plans that I used to build this ship will no longer work in my home computer. So I will take it to my place of employment tomorrow, and attempt to open the files there. I will post here tomorrow to let you know if I was successful.

Mike
Old 02-11-2024, 08:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.99 MB
The pages with all the scanned plans for French warships at the Service Historique de la Défense hosted on the Ministère des Armées website were taken down because hackers were trying to use this public-access element to break into the Ministère des Armées, so it is highly improbable that they ever will be restored due to the security hazard this may pose to the French military.

Maurice
Old 02-12-2024, 07:23 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Hello Dryf,
See the message from "mdesaxe", letting us know the material on the website "Service Historique" is no longer available.

However, I have some good news. I was able to open my CD with one of the computers at my place of employment. It contains many drawings and photos of Jauréguiberry. I should be able to email the material. You may leave your email address here, or if you prefer, send it to me in a "private message", and I'll send the plans and photos to you.

Mike
Old 02-12-2024, 08:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.99 MB
A fair number of these plans were downloaded by various individuals before the attempted hack of the site and are accessible on some sites such as the Dreadnought Project Index of /French Warship Plans

Maurice
Old 02-17-2024, 08:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.27 MB
Very well done!
Google Adsense

Tags
french, ship, jauréguiberry, images, build, project, armament, design, battleships, characteristics, photos, provide, report, details, show, plans, guns, navy, i’ll, searching, battleship, navy’s, digital, bernard, main