PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 08-28-2017, 10:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Hi Mike stumbled on your latest update photos, what a fine ship! The details are inspiring, and the funnels look really cool
Old 08-28-2017, 03:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Thumbs up, Mike!
Old 09-18-2017, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Jauréguiberry in Warship International

Mike -

Jauréguiberry was the Mystery Photo in the March 2017 issue of Warship International, the quarterly publication of the International Naval Records Organization. Let me know if you would like a scan of the four page spread.

I encourage Forum members interested in warship history to join the I.N.R.O. INRO Website.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
-wi_53-3_sep_2017_pp174-175.jpg   -wi_53-3_sep_2017_pp176-177.jpg  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.83 MB
This is really amazing work. How do you cut the paper strips for the railings & ladders?
Old 09-19-2017, 05:54 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Mike -

Jauréguiberry was the Mystery Photo in the March 2017 issue of Warship International, the quarterly publication of the International Naval Records Organization. Let me know if you would like a scan of the four page spread.

I encourage Forum members interested in warship history to join the I.N.R.O. INRO Website.

Don

Of course Don. Thanks for the offer.
I can't tell from the images whether or not those photos are in my collection. Particularly the one in the lower right looks like it might be an image I have not seen.
Mike

Last edited by Michael Mash; 09-19-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 09-19-2017, 06:03 PM
POTM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebf2k View Post
This is really amazing work. How do you cut the paper strips for the railings & ladders?

Thanks. To cut the paper strips, I start with a new Exacto blade. Used blades don't work too well.
Here are three images that should help explain the process.
If you can open the first two images to their largest extent, it should show how the cutting is done.
The steel ruler must be held down on the cutting mat firmly for the knife to cut the thin ribbons of paper.
Two or three passes with the knife is all it takes.
I hope this helps.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
-798-cutting-paper-ribbons.jpg   -799-cutting-paper-ribbons.jpg   -800-railing-ribbons.jpg  
Old 09-22-2017, 04:29 PM
POTM Moderator

27 – Midship Bulwarks

Thanks Shipbuild, Seahorse, Mike1158, Don, Glen, Fred and ebf2k.

The Midship Bulwarks are now installed and they stretch across the middle of the ship from the forward superstructure to the aft superstructure. They contain many storage areas and cabins. Also, the top forms the basis for the area used for boat storage. These were designed using Sketchup, and it worked out well. The walls are made of paper and the roofs are card.

I have two images of a handrail template. The first shows the rails unpainted, and the second was taken after the paint was applied. I made two templates of railing, and that might be enough railing to get to the finish line.

The historic photo was sent to me by Renaud. It appears to have been taken from somewhere in the forward mast. It shows the starboard forward bulwarks. . . Just the area I have been working on. I added the red outline to show how the area in my photo matches up with the area in the historic image.
The picture also reveals a “color” error on my part. It appears to show the 47mm gun barrel was not black.

Regards,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
-249-bulwarks-boat-deck.jpg   -250-bulwarks-boat-deck-transoms.jpg   -251-bulwarks-boat-deck.jpg   -252-forward-starboard-bulwarks.jpg   -253-aft-bulwark-assemblies.jpg  

-254-complete-bulwarks-overhead.jpg   -255-railing-unpainted-template.jpg   -256-railing-painted-template.jpg   -257-forward-starboard-bulwarks-crew.jpg   -258-forward-starboard-bulwarks.jpg  

Last edited by Michael Mash; 09-22-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.25 MB
Superb paper artistry. Just when I think it can't be done, Michael shows us how to do it !
Old 09-24-2017, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
good work mike

Old 10-01-2017, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well done Mike, you're doing a really great job on this ship!

I had a look at the 47mm guns and at first I wondered if it was taken when she was all grey, or the colour of the guns had changed over time. I thought I found photos where they were black, but it turned out to be covers on the 47mm guns. When I can see the guns, they look buff, or whatever colour they are. But I don't think it's a hanging offence though.

Interesting photo of the real ship, showing the hammock store covered top to bottom with canvas. It also shows my assumption about the shape of the bulwark as it transitions to railings on the aft end of the bridge. It also shows the ammo hoist for the 47mm guns well too.. excellent!

Best wishes
John
Google Adsense

Tags
french, ship, jauréguiberry, images, build, project, armament, design, battleships, characteristics, photos, provide, report, details, show, plans, guns, navy, i’ll, searching, battleship, navy’s, digital, bernard, main