PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-25-2017, 08:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400

Dear All:
I just receive this book that claims to be the complete guide to landing craft and associate vessels. Yes, I know the claim was a little bit off, but it is the only comprehensive book of the type, and the price was right, so I will not complain (too much). I hope I had it some time ago when I started my collection in 1/400. The models range from very simplistic, scratch build, vintage or JSC grade. Since I have not building lately I am jus showing, and you are welcome to contribute, even in other scales.
I hope you enjoy them.
Pablo.
Attached Thumbnails
Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-01.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-25-2017, 10:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
thats a good reference book .i have it also.the same guy does an illustrated guide to aircraft carriers

Last edited by herky; 02-25-2017 at 10:53 PM. Reason: add ons
Old 02-25-2017, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
thats a good reference book .i have it also.the same guy does an illustrated guide to aircraft carriers
Dear Herky:

I think that for an all inclusive book it is ok, but IMHO he devoted to much time to mine warfare and missed opportunities. A few examples omitted are the CB90 fast assault craft (one grate picture but no description), the new Canberra Class or the Spanish counterpart, and the German (both Federal and Democratic).

These are a few Rigby models, rescaled to 1/400, and maybe they belong to the vintage forum. The LCT is a little bit narrow and the LCI(L) is missing, that I gave away long time ago.

Best regards,

Pablo
Attached Thumbnails
Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-02.jpg   Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-03.jpg  
Old 02-26-2017, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Dear Herky:

I think that for an all inclusive book it is ok, but IMHO he devoted to much time to mine warfare and missed opportunities. A few examples omitted are the CB90 fast assault craft (one grate picture but no description), the new Canberra Class or the Spanish counterpart, and the German (both Federal and Democratic).

These are a few Rigby models, rescaled to 1/400, and maybe they belong to the vintage forum. The LCT is a little bit narrow and the LCI(L) is missing, that I gave away long time ago.

Best regards,

Pablo
it was good to see pictures of the johan de witt of the dutch navy which i have from scaldis.i remember the days of the alabion and bulwark which were converted from carriers to commando landing ships for the british marines
Old 02-26-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
it was good to see pictures of the johan de witt of the dutch navy which i have from scaldis.i remember the days of the alabion and bulwark which were converted from carriers to commando landing ships for the british marines
The Scaldis Johan de Witt is very nice and has truly all elements of combined operations: The ship, the ship to land both personnel and mechanized, the land vehicles, and the support helicopters. By the way the model was designed by JSC!
Attached Thumbnails
Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-11.jpg   Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-12.jpg   Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-13.jpg   Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-14.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-26-2017, 11:34 PM

i have started this model but only finished the hull so far
Old 02-26-2017, 11:45 PM

Looking forward to see the progress!!!
Old 02-27-2017, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello Pablo,
I am glad you like Johan de Witt We designed it for Zeist Bouwplaten. But for Scaldis we also design many, many models
Old 02-27-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Hello Pablo,
I am glad you like Johan de Witt We designed it for Zeist Bouwplaten. But for Scaldis we also design many, many models
i stand corrected i bought it from zeistbouwplaten but thought it was a scaldis model.i think the indonesian frigate i got from them was a scaldis model hence my confusion.Hope readers of this thread will look out the thread i put up regarding larger scale jsc models
Old 02-28-2017, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Hello Pablo,
Dear Family Czolczynski:

Sorry for the confusion, what I know is that JSC does excellent models, for me "the combined operations paper model" is your Operation Husky and includes something for everyone: An Attack Transport, LCP(S)s, LCP(R)s, LCM, LCT 4 and 5 for the mariners; DUKWs, Shermans, Stuarts, Greyhounds, and infantry for the armorers ; And for the aviation buffs an Horsa (that could be easily towed by Bruno’s Stirling reduced 75%) and two Hurricanes. Other models of your design like the Mexico Victory, Tobruk, and Opole added trucks, jeeps, halftacks, and green tanks like Cromwells, and newer Shermans.
By the way have you consider designing war winning LSTs?
Thank you very much.
Pablo
Attached Thumbnails
Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-15.jpg   Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-17.jpg   Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-18.jpg   Amphibious Warfare Vessels in 1/400-landing-craft-20.jpg  
Google Adsense