PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-13-2016, 07:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.33 MB
Question

Hello! I'm back following a series of hand injuries and surgeries. And, I have broken out my old S.M.S. Goeben once again.

Anyway, I have a question about another kit . . . does anyone print a kit of any Charles F. Adams class DDG? It doesn't matter if the ship is one of the three German ships. I simply need one of the ships in the class. I can convert it to represent the ship I want, USS Benjamin Stoddert (DDG 22). I would be very grateful if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Bill Morrison
Google Adsense
Old 02-13-2016, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Navy Fan View Post
Hello! I'm back following a series of hand injuries and surgeries. And, I have broken out my old S.M.S. Goeben once again.

Anyway, I have a question about another kit . . . does anyone print a kit of any Charles F. Adams class DDG? It doesn't matter if the ship is one of the three German ships. I simply need one of the ships in the class. I can convert it to represent the ship I want, USS Benjamin Stoddert (DDG 22). I would be very grateful if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Bill Morrison
Ahoy
Truly sorry for your flippers they are essential to have but with time and theropy they will mend well model building will find a great theropy for your hands. Your in luck I can help you on this Wilhelmshaven has a kit of the Adams class destroyer. all though she wears a German name and can be built to your desire. The sale is 1/250 like their full range whats available go to your search engine and click on Wilhelmshaven kits they are now located in the USA out of Virginia here is the phone number to contact them. 1-703 620 9727 and there email address too.
[email protected] The best I can do get well buddy and start building.

Boats
Old 02-13-2016, 09:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
This will be an interesting quest to follow.
My ship operated for a while with USS Benjamin Stoddert during WESTPAC in '82.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:30 AM

Thanks guys! Boats, I assume that you served as a Bo'sun in the Navy. I served for 24 years, retiring as a Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman (Submarine Service). My Dad served on the Stoddert in '66 and '67 as the Corpsman, hence my interest in this beautiful ship. Doug, what ship were you on?

Bill
Old 02-13-2016, 09:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
USS Fletcher (DD-992). LPO in the forward engineroom, underway watchstation was in Central Control Station.
Google Adsense
Old 02-13-2016, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.18 GB
Thumbs up

Thanks guy's! Last night I was telling my wife I wished I could find a model of the USS Robison DDG- 12 (my first ship).
Old 02-13-2016, 12:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I enjoyed watching this gathering of Navy men.

Royal Navy Fan - HB Precision Cards, whose email address Boats provided to you, is run by Pete Heesch, who lived for a long time in Germany, represents Wilhelmshaven in the United States, and is one of the moving forces of the annual International Paper Modelers' Convention in Sterling, Virginia (International Paper Modelers Convention) is a very helpful and supportive person.

I look forward to eventually seeing your build of USS Benjamin Stoddard.

Have a great Navy day.

Don
(U.S. Navy ROTC Midshipman, Cornell University, 1958-1960
Golden Life Member of the U.S. Naval Institute
Member, National Maritime Historical Society and International Naval Research Organization
Colonel, U.S. Army, retired)
Old 02-13-2016, 12:30 PM

Don,

Thanks for that information! I will call Pete to ask about the model in question, and I will have to check out that convention. I will have to finish the Goeben before I start on the Stoddard. But, one thing I have noticed about this site is that everyone is so very helpful and friendly.

I served on six submarines and one surface ship in my 24 year career. The surface ship was my first, USS Howard W. Gilmore (AS 16) out of La Maddelena, Sardinia, Italy. I then served aboard USS Ethan Allen (SSBN/SSN 608), USS Michigan (SSBN 727 Gold), USS Albuquerque (SSN 706), USS Dallas (SSN 700), USS Pasadena (SSN 752, and USS Maine (SSBN 741 Blue). I retired from the Maine in 1996, and have taught history in high school and college ever since. I loved the service and reluctantly retired because my NEC was deemed too critical, thereby preventing my selection. I would have stayed many more years with a commission.

I do use my models in my classroom. However, I am a virtual novice in the world of paper modeling. So, I am looking forward to restarting the Goeben.

Bill
Old 02-13-2016, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i went on board the stoddert in singapore years ago,if i think right the whm model is the lutjens, rommel,molders one
Old 02-24-2016, 08:27 AM

I have been in contact with Pete. He sold me the WHM Lutjens (WHM are also my initials!), and I will modify and build it as the Stoddert. Thanks for all the help!

Bill
Google Adsense

Tags
ships, kit, ship, ddg, class, question, simply, german, represent, grateful, morrison, bill, uss, benjamin, stoddert, convert, adams, broken, surgeries, injuries, hand, back, series, s.m.s, goeben