PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-21-2016, 01:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 11.78 MB
BNS Aster M915

Hi, My second model on this forum. BNS Aster M915 a Belgian Navy mine hunter. The French and Netherlands Navies have the same class of mine hunters. Chose a Belgian Navy vessel just for having a dark shade of grey and very prominent pennant shaded numbers.
This is the last model I have completed some months ago. Began to work on it very long time ago with long periods being laid up gathering dust. But this past year I made good for all time lost.
The model's scale is 1/96 and made from card of cereal boxes. Other materials were wire various thickness, biro pipes and biro odds, thread, etc. The only commercial item is the anchor chain. The photos here where taken when work was in progress. Never bothered to take photos of all the building faze. Sorry for that.
regards
SengleaPoint
Attached Thumbnails
BNS Aster M915-1.jpg   BNS Aster M915-2.jpg   BNS Aster M915-3.jpg   BNS Aster M915-4.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-21-2016, 02:06 PM

BNS Aster Completed

Hi, Photos of my BNS Aster completed at last. When scratch building a model, you have many challenges. Every piece or module on the model has to be analysed and a lot of thinking how to do it. Many times you succeed. As I said in other threads scratch building gives you the opportunity to build what you feel from inside and to be original.
One thing which I could not over come was the deck paint. Many years ago I used to paint decks with Humbrol grey No 92. My stock of deck paint was finishing fast. Went to buy and was told that No 92 is no longer in production. Needless to say had to find an alternative, which could match. But as you see from the aft deck the match is not so much matching. Well we have seen real warships which come to Malta for a visit which have different shades of grey.
Regards
SengleaPoint
Attached Thumbnails
BNS Aster M915-5.jpg   BNS Aster M915-6.jpg   BNS Aster M915-7.jpg   BNS Aster M915-8.jpg   BNS Aster M915-10.jpg  

Old 02-21-2016, 07:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It is a beautiful model. All the complex rigging and railings are exceptionally precise and aligned. The slightly different shade of gray on the quarterdeck does not look at all out of place.

Many thanks for providing so much information on the background of the model and your techniques and procedures.

Don
Old 02-21-2016, 10:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
great looking model
Old 02-22-2016, 11:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
great looking model
Google Adsense
Old 02-23-2016, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.74 MB
It is a beautiful model. Congratulations.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:47 AM

Thanks

Hi, Thanks all of you for liking my model. More to come.
regards
SengleaPoint.

Tags
ago, bns, time, long, photos, biro, work, made, belgian, model, aster, m915, mine, navy, 1/96, scale, odds, boxes, pipes, materials, card, cereal, wire, thickness, chain