PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 11-07-2009, 01:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
King George V from metal

I have just started to make model of ship King George V from metal! Before this I builth airplanes mig 29 and other also from metal and they look just fine. I am from Serbia, and I took part in competition in my town, where I took two medals , silver and bronze in category of airplanes. I am asking you to help me finishing this ship King George V (1:200).

Google Adsense
Old 11-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

You are in need of a Tig welder or some really good metal to metal epoxy. I would suggest aluminum flashing and a really good 2 part epoxy. Maybe riveting some part (countersunk) then filling the rivet holes with bondo or the equivalent there of.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
You are in need of a Tig welder or some really good metal to metal epoxy. I would suggest aluminum flashing and a really good 2 part epoxy. Maybe riveting some part (countersunk) then filling the rivet holes with bondo or the equivalent there of.
Thanks for advice. I am welding this metal, that is not the problem for me in this stage. Later I while put poliester filler and polishing the surface. Painting represents problem to me, and making top surface to look like wood, and also choosing paint for that. When I finish body of the ship, I will put the photos. In the mean time, I will read your advices about this.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Very interesting project that you are working on here, Zoki. I like it alot. It looks like your ship is very heavy duty, you won't have to worry about your cat distroying this model :D I have often thought about building a tank model out of very thin sheets of copper by soldering them together, I just haven't gotten around to it yet, maybe someday. Anyway, I'll keep watching your progress..Good Luck.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:55 AM

Thank you very much! My opinion is that the model of the ship sholud be build of the same material as real ship, and that is metal!
Google Adsense
Old 11-11-2009, 03:09 PM

Old 11-13-2009, 12:29 PM

Heavy duty job is done. I am expecting to hear your opinion.

Can you tell me please does somebody of you now what could be a problem with my photo camera. It does not make quality photos, first of all photos dont have enough sharpeness. My camera has 6 mega pixells. Do you think that photos should be with higher quality?

Last edited by zoki36; 11-13-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:39 PM

The most common problem with photos is acquiring sharpness. Simply photo from a stand or at least rest the camera on sth solid - like a back of a chair, stack of books etc.

Second thing is lighting - you need a second source of light or at least use a white sheet opposite to the source of light to reflect some of it on model and lighten it up. Sth like that:

light > model < white sheet + camera

or

light + camera > model < white sheet

Turn off the flash and instead lighten the model with additional sources of light.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:24 PM

This is the first hand. Let the fun start, now I am going to corect smaller mistakes...:D:D:D
Old 11-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Looking very good - if you're not rolling compound curves, any paper design could be rendered in metal (if you have the skills seen here - well done Zoki). Very useful for those posting about their local "ninja cats."

Yogi
Google Adsense