PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-04-2017, 07:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 439.73 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
The small ship and so many positive comments! Thank you all.
The model won a prize yesterday (03.12.2017) during Papermodel Competition in Gołąb.

@Sakrison@
Blocks and deadeyes are made of wood, unfortunately. Only lowest deadeyes are made of cardboard. I design models and test them so I often use ready-made parts to save time.

@Christian@
You are not the only one who suspects me of sorcery There is no trick. Planks must be shaped "in hands" not on the hull. If you curve a plank on the hull it will break and show frames/ribs/stressed skin. The plank should fit the shape of the hull without glue. And I put glue only in places, where planks touch the hull, not on the whole surface. If you give the correct shape to the planks you can even glue neighboring ones together along the edge.
Because this question comes to me regulary I think about making a short instruction on youtube:-))) Maybe when I start making next model?

Best
Tomek
Hi Seahorse
Do not worry about using wood in a paper job, I do it when I want to go fast or it is impossible or very difficult to do otherwise

Your Trabacolo has been very good.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:46 AM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
The small ship and so many positive comments! Thank you all.
The model won a prize yesterday (03.12.2017) during Papermodel Competition in Gołąb.

@Sakrison@
Blocks and deadeyes are made of wood, unfortunately. Only lowest deadeyes are made of cardboard. I design models and test them so I often use ready-made parts to save time.
There's nothing "unfortunate" about it. I certainly didn't mean to criticize. I use steel, brass, plastic, or wood in many of my paper models. I have a similar ship model to build and I wondered how (or if) you had made the fittings.

Using aftermarket parts instead of making my own fittings will save time and sanity. Your ship is definitely a prize-winner, wooden blocks and all.