PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 09-11-2016, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 11.17 MB
This time I left the ship in its showcase....the Potsdam and Feldmarschall will be presented without later.
Attached Thumbnails
Various Passenger Liners-berlin-007.jpg   Various Passenger Liners-berlin-008.jpg   Various Passenger Liners-berlin-009.jpg   Various Passenger Liners-berlin-012.jpg   Various Passenger Liners-berlin-010.jpg  

Old 09-11-2016, 11:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanseat View Post
The MS Berlin, also a WHV model. I got a CD with pics from the net to improve the simple kit. The result is a nice version of this Deilmann cruise ship.
thats a good looking cruise ship
Old 09-12-2016, 03:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.25 MB
Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:30 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
The more I look at your photos of these beautiful ships, the more detail I pick out. Absolutely magnificent. Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:04 AM

Quote:
This time I left the ship in its showcase....the Potsdam and Feldmarschall will be presented without later.
you should give sharunas model of canberra your expert treatment.
Google Adsense
Old 09-13-2016, 03:03 AM

Well, I was thinking about it. I may need a close look at a builder's Model from H&W, if it exists.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Well, I was thinking about it. I may need a close look at a builder's Model from H&W, if it exists.
its a great basic model with loads of scope for someone of your expertise to enhance i served on her and have heaps of books and photos if you want any research doing

Last edited by herky; 09-13-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: add ons
Old 09-14-2016, 02:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
May I suggest you also have a go at some famous Dutch liners, especially two which transported large numbers of post WWII emigrants to Australia and New Zealand? Scaldis has excellent models of the Oranje, the Willem Ruys (later Achille Lauro, known for the highjacking and murder of a Jewish-American handicapped passenger). Finally the Rotterdam, now in the Port of Rotterdam as a hotel and conference ship?
Old 09-14-2016, 01:16 PM

I have so many other liners in showcases that my apartment looks like a maritime museum: United States, Bremen 1929, Bremen 1959 , Olympia, Europa 1966, Feldmarschall, Präsident, Rotterdam, Johann van Oldenbarnevelt, Oranje, Monte Rosa, Stockholm, Berlin 1955, Potsdam, Hanseatic....
Old 10-30-2016, 08:50 AM

The next model is one of my favorites, even if it is not the most detailed one: the MS Europa (1981). The build took an incredible time of 30 years! For me it had always been the "unbuildable model", a kind of ghost by Wilhelmshavener. I purchased this model in 1985 as a teeneager and built it to the sun deck level. But the kit was very ill-conceived and the result was a disaster: the plates buckled, the decks did not fit etc. In the end I abandoned the torso and locked it up in the attic. Later I discarded of the model but somehow kept the manual and some parts not yet assembled in a folder. in 2012 I tried in vain to get another copy of the kit but made do with a rescaled version of the Schreiber model. This is a very simple version minus the lower deck and details. In addition there is no frame is the usual sense, so the construction proved a try and error build. With the help of my old manual and the spare parts I could reconstruct the working decks and the foredeck. In the end a nice model emerged. Knowing how primitive the basis was it was worth a second attempt. Maybe I will later add some deck chairs and stuff to get more life onto the decks. The stairs are made of cable tie and handrails. They offer nice detailed steps and are broader than the usual etch parts.
Google Adsense