PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-16-2013, 02:49 AM

Location: Skype: Chaiwat Kosatanakom Bkk, Thailand, RTAF air base
Total Downloaded: 0
USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76

After all models of navy aircrafts were done then I got an idea to design a paper model scale 1/200, of course, I think the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan seem to be one of the most interest aircraft carrier in my personal point of view due to its modern design and many aspects.

I gathered all 3 d drawing and some on board photos of the ship but if there is any interesting photos of that ship available, it would be highly appreciated with your kind recommendation. Certainly, I want this model to be truely details oriented and as perfect as possible because its length will be 1.66 meter which in my opinion, this is a big one to exhibit in a house.

Stationing with all of my designed F-14 Tomcat, F-18 C/D/E/F, the seahawk helicopter, the EA-6 prowler, the provider, the hawkeye and the t-46 (around 80 airplanes!). This project must be one of my most challenge work for my extire life paper modeler and this is the first time for me to enter into the ship design job. My first job is the aircraft carrier!

I wish that I can finish this challenge work within April then the beta building will start soon afterward to find out the defect for starting the correction of the model at the same time.

Of course, if it successfully done then the release to oversea market will certainly for sale. This one is a big project for me!!!

Comment please!
Google Adsense
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
You got my attention, this is one I will be watching.

This site has allot of good up close and detailed pictures of the ship.

TurboSquid - HD Gallery - USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76 - Product ID 594011
Old 01-16-2013, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
You got my attention, this is one I will be watching.

This site has allot of good up close and detailed pictures of the ship.

TurboSquid - HD Gallery - USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76 - Product ID 594011
We have got of that illustration 3 hours before your kind recommendation and the data was saved into my file. Thank you very much for your kindness.

Now, I concentrate at the phalanx and other air control systems i.e.. radar and other details.

After more and more information then the CAD design soon get start.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:01 AM

Then the old assets I have available that must be recolored and repainted or rebuilt have so many items to handle. Only study the details of the aircraft carrier itself takes longer time than my experienced with the aircraft.

This is the big task but only one way is to achieve it.

The Phantom II has no concern with the aircraft carrier but I believe it will land on the ship soon.
Attached Thumbnails
USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76-dscn1391.jpg   USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76-dscn1392.jpg   USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76-dscn1390.jpg   USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76-dscn1389.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:53 PM

The whole new design f-18 e is on process.
Google Adsense
Old 02-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
Wow! I am impressed. This is going to be one of those 100 page threads. I will surely follow. I have always wanted to build a Carrier. I will live vicariously through this one. Looking forward to it. Great Phantom Diorama. That was the primary carrier aircraft used when I was in the navy. One buzzed our camp at 50' in survival school . He hit his afterburners right over the camp and blew all our tents over. Our CO went balistic. We thought it was pretty cool.

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)
Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
I love that Phantom model and the diorama you created...quite an amazing design and build!

I always love seeing your builds, and wish you luck and encouragement in taking on this project of designing a 1/200 scale ship...it's obviously quite a big undertaking and will involve a lot of time and effort.

I hope you'll favor us with occasional updates of your work, just don't get discouraged by the enormity of the project...just take your time and enjoy the process...I know we'll enjoy seeing your updates when you are able.

Cheers!
Jim
Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkrauzlis View Post
I love that Phantom model and the diorama you created...quite an amazing design and build!

I always love seeing your builds, and wish you luck and encouragement in taking on this project of designing a 1/200 scale ship...it's obviously quite a big undertaking and will involve a lot of time and effort.

I hope you'll favor us with occasional updates of your work, just don't get discouraged by the enormity of the project...just take your time and enjoy the process...I know we'll enjoy seeing your updates when you are able.

Cheers!
Jim
Dear Jim,

I just start a new job as an Employee Relations Manager with Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) two weeks ago. The jobs and responsibility is a tough one to wrestle with around 8,000 employee wrok force. Mainly task is the legal compliance and the employee development to achieve the corporate's human resources strategy. This job is extremely challenge.

We are working on the project and found that a big ship needs many details, especially when its size is 1/200. Of course, I start it with what I most experienced with... the aircrafts.

It takes time for gathering of an aircraft carrier details but this one is very knowledgable to study how to build a ship. I hope that I can finish this project before I become an old man.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:54 AM

The most updated information about this project is the new F-18 E Super Hornet were successfully assembly. I got 4 of them in my box and soon I will continue designing the seahawk that based from the Black hawk standard outline in my stock tonight.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:31 AM

just to update some development about this project. I am too lazy to finish this job but it is going on little by little.
Attached Thumbnails
USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76-dsc_0588.jpg   USS Ronald Reagan CVN 76-dsc_0600.jpg  
Google Adsense