PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 07-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
He did didn't he? I count 12 for Don and 12 for Robert although I most probably missed a couple on either side.

Last edited by elliott; 07-11-2017 at 06:41 PM. Reason: missed Audacity on last reply
Old 07-11-2017, 07:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Okay, Robert. If we are going to go on to Woolworth carriers and CAM and MAC ships, I am dropping out of the competition - not because it wouldn't be fun, but because the time spent on research and contemplation would detract from your Melbourne build and I have a graduate seminar on Pacific War Strategy to teach next week.

And what on earth would we do with Praetoria Castle, Trouncer, Novelist, and Empire Rainbow?

Don
Old 07-11-2017, 08:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 102.95 MB
I agree Don, you were the pioneer, and you would need to be Hercules to prepare for your seminar and continue to play this fun little game. Especially as the MAC and CAM ships are not so conducive to the fun.
Elliot, Don is the clear master here. My count was 17 for Don and 13 for me up to the point you made the comment.
Now onto figuring out just what scale this model will be.

Robert
Old 07-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
It was a fun diversion y'all. Thanks for the all too brief moment of levity.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Looks like you have taken on a formidable and colossal project, Robert. You must have been furious to discover these discrepancies. It is a powerful challenge, but you are courageous, indomitable, and implacable, not to mention indefatigable, and will triumph over the terrible problems. In the end, your model will be glorious, majestic, and illustrious, and you will have the glory of it as it sails on an imaginary ocean.

Don
nice touch implacable was the other one he was on
Google Adsense
Old 07-12-2017, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Woolley View Post
Thanks Elliot, but all credit to Don for having the audacity to start the ball rolling
i have barrys model and also colossus as arromanche by maly models
Old 07-12-2017, 02:56 AM

I know of the Maly Arromanches. I believe it has a red deck! But I haven't been able to find any pictures of it built up. I have decided to go with my original plan of 1/400 as I have the Illustrious and Clemenceau in plastic in 1/400, and this will sit nicely with them.
Herky, my father almost got to serve as a navigator in the Royal Navy fleet air arm in the early fifties. He is Australian and had to do national service. His mother was British and the family had connections in the RN that would have allowed him to go to England to do it. Alas my grand mother decided it would be too dangerous, so he ended up in the RAN. Probably good for me though, as I wouldn't be around if he had gone.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:56 PM

yes it has red deck and its not a brilliant model.like the fleet air arm connection.into carriers generally.spent many a day during school holidays on albion and bulwark due to dads royal marine career
Old 07-15-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Woolley View Post
I know of the Maly Arromanches. I believe it has a red deck! But I haven't been able to find any pictures of it built up. I have decided to go with my original plan of 1/400 as I have the Illustrious and Clemenceau in plastic in 1/400, and this will sit nicely with them.
Herky, my father almost got to serve as a navigator in the Royal Navy fleet air arm in the early fifties. He is Australian and had to do national service. His mother was British and the family had connections in the RN that would have allowed him to go to England to do it. Alas my grand mother decided it would be too dangerous, so he ended up in the RAN. Probably good for me though, as I wouldn't be around if he had gone.
on the subject of australian carriers there is a guy om papership modelers site i visit that is doing HMAS Canberra LO2 .its at design stage at the moment
Old 07-15-2017, 10:39 PM

I saw that too. I saw it in a Facebook page.
I saw both Canberra and Adelaide tied up in Sydney Harbour a couple of weeks ago. They look pretty impressive in real life.
Google Adsense