PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 08-10-2020, 07:41 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
We have no members who work for Schreiber, might need to email them.

We have members who work for JSC, WAK, Paper Shipwright, Heinkel Models, Wagner Models, and a few others.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-10-2020, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Thanks for your info. I'll contact Schreiber and see what can be done.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:44 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

please report back with any of your findings
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-10-2020, 07:50 PM

Yes, If they answer, I will post it here.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Anne View Post
I also only see the text and the b/w photos. Are there any of the model?
Yes - the pics have disappeared??

About the instructions debate - I have only bulit 8 models all small ones, 2 Schreiber, 2 JSC, 2 papermodel.jp, 1 HMV, 1 other - all had instructions or at least a diagram. Next will be the Scaldis 'Statendam', Wilhelmshavener Polarstern and Lütjens. They all have a diagram and instructions in either English or German.

I daren't even open the pack of the more advanced models I bought (with a rush of blood to the head I might add!!) but I would certainly be lost for sure with a larger model, not to say stunned they are not included?

Surely any recent model has instructions and diagrams to a level commensurate with the task?

Regards,
Alan
Google Adsense
Old 08-12-2020, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 419.23 MB
Another no pix.

Yes, the pix are gone, except for the first b/w photo.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This has been a most interesting thread both for the historical and paper modeling information. I hope the missing images can be recovered.

Apparently JSC had intended to offer a model of Great Eastern. I have found not evidence that it was ever published, but found a 20-year-old Bildrum article that included an image of JSC-founder Slavomir Czolczynski holding a white paper test model of Great Eastern: Back to news from MODELLJORNALEN

The caption of the image reads: "Slavomir Czolczynski and the prototype model of Great Eastern, built by Andrzej Samek from white paper and bamboo."

Best wishes for your Great Eastern.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Great eastern (schreiber bogen 1/200)-jsc00-_slavomir_czolczynski_and_great_eastern-bildrum-se-jsc-html.jpg  
Old 08-14-2020, 05:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 100.19 MB
Hello...

um, I'm certainly no expert at this, but of the two Schreiber marine models i know of, both came with the simplified line drawing for assembly instructions. A portion of VATERLAND's instructions below, BREMEN IV was similar. I won't say i didn't have difficulties, i guess i just wrote it off as part of the challenge of building the ship (BREMEN complete, VATERLAND for the future).

I guess if you have a similar line drawing of the GREAT EASTERN, I wonder if that is all the instructions given? My understanding was that many of Schreiber's marine kits were older, from the 80s.

Otherwise I hope the publisher can help you out.

Best regards
Attached Thumbnails
Great eastern (schreiber bogen 1/200)-img_20200814_180324839.jpg  
Old 08-14-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decaturbeginner View Post
Hello...

um, I'm certainly no expert at this, but of the two Schreiber marine models i know of, both came with the simplified line drawing for assembly instructions. A portion of VATERLAND's instructions below, BREMEN IV was similar. I won't say i didn't have difficulties, i guess i just wrote it off as part of the challenge of building the ship (BREMEN complete, VATERLAND for the future).

I guess if you have a similar line drawing of the GREAT EASTERN, I wonder if that is all the instructions given? My understanding was that many of Schreiber's marine kits were older, from the 80s.

Otherwise I hope the publisher can help you out.

Best regards
Schreiber models is by far one of the best brands of card models. They have been in business since 1831. They even have a beautiful small museum including almost all of the models they have published. This is one of the reasons I don't understand why they publish the only card model of the Great Eastern with such wonderful detail and accuracy and not including nice building instructions so anybody, beginner or expert, can make an accurate rendition of this most beautiful and interesting ship with a wonderful history. Please check the two scans I did on the only instruction drawings they include for such a complex model. On the first sheet I say that these are the only assembly drawings, I mean for general assembly. The other drawing is for rigging and final details.
Attached Thumbnails
Great eastern (schreiber bogen 1/200)-great-eastern-assembly-drawings-main.jpg   Great eastern (schreiber bogen 1/200)-great-eastern-assembly-drawings.jpg  
Old 08-14-2020, 08:37 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Why don't you offer to Schreiber your editorial skills, and help them flesh out their instructions, if unwilling, just accept, and stretch your skills, and build the model with the instructions offered
Google Adsense