PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 03-10-2018, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Have the air intakes on and the guns mounted. The ships boats are next then the masts. Getting close to commissioning.
Attached Thumbnails
Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-boat-cradle_1.jpg   Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-deck-guns.jpg   Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-fwd-gun.jpg   Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-mid-ship-guns.jpg  
Old 03-10-2018, 06:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This looks really great, Greg! I can see that dark, sinister shape slipping through the waters of the North Sea.

Don
Old 03-28-2018, 02:19 PM

So here is the latest. There are a lot of fiddly bits so I've been taking my time. Boats are mounted along with the crane. Have the for and aft mast installed. There were also life rafts to cut and mounts. There is one each on either side of the aft structure, just forward of aft gun mount. Two more sections of fiddly bits and then the rigging. Looks pretty nice now with the masts installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-ships-boats-3.jpg   Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-top-view.jpg   Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-mainmast.jpg  
Old 03-28-2018, 06:26 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Would say it's good looking based on past posts but the boat's so dark I can't see details. These old(er) eyes would sure appreciate some light on the subject. Maybe at commissioning. Did I mention light?
Old 07-17-2018, 12:32 PM

Finally done with B 98. I'm just slow I guess.

Here are a few more pics. I had problems with the paper peeling. I was using a new x-acto but was still getting separation. The smaller parts were my bane. And yes, I will still do HMV kits because they are great.
Attached Thumbnails
Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-b-98-bow.jpg   Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-b-98-bridge.jpg   Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-b-98-middle.jpg   Torpedoboot B 98 (Hamburger Modellbaudogen)-b-98-stern.jpg  
Old 11-26-2018, 08:08 PM

Can you give me any heads up on building this bad boy. I ordered from overseas and received damaged! The dealer sent me a replacement kit, but what hurts was I ordered the PE set, that got totally mangled and was not replaced, of which cost more than the kit. Guess I get too eat that! But your build looks good w/o the extras.
Rick
Old 11-26-2018, 08:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nice work, Greg!

Don