PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-14-2020, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 660.49 MB
I have a liking for these corvettes. Does anyone have a current link for the Oliver Bier model...all the ones I see are early types with Gray hulls. I have been looking everywhere but I cannot find a link that works. Thanks....
Old 04-21-2020, 07:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Hi drg,
Excellent job, I join everyone else in congrats!
I am relatively new to the hobby, did some rigging on my "Oldenburg" which I wrote here. It went reasonably well as a first effort.

But I was going to ask if you could have the time to give us a more detailed 'how to' for the Battleford.

I did read about the sequence of doing foremast, then aft then joining which makes perfect sense. But there are 4 or 5 lines joining the masts, all independently, plus, a line funnel to foremast with its own 4 downlines.

I think theres enough skill and procedure in the rigging alone to nearly make its own blog but am coming up to building vessels earlier and bit later than Battleford which have similar rigging conundrums to tackle so would really appreciate any and all you have to tell!

Kind Regards,
Alan
Old 11-27-2021, 11:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks all. Only just saw the comments - I've been on other modelling projects for a long time...

Re. the rigging - I think I used a combination of stretched sprue, and EZ Line. Obviously you can cut the sprue to precise lengths, for example for the small diagonal wires coming from the longer ones, then you can pull the EZ Line until everything is aligned. Basically I think the main rigging was elastic, and the smaller stuff sprue. All secured with Formula 560 PVA, so that you can dissolve it with water and try again when you mess up.