PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-15-2018, 01:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Downloaded this model just the other day. You're doing a great job with it!
Old 04-19-2018, 03:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.87 MB
Hi Folks!
@ dhanners: thank You for Your appreciation! It´s a fine kit, so my build is not at all that great - the parts fit together like hand and glove. You will have fun!
@ DonBosco: David wrote me, that he´ll consider to take over some of my changes - whoa, that feels good!
Meanwhile - the prototype of the lasercuts have arrived and been placed. Some parts are plainly obsolete, so I will throw them out (deck supports and the lifesavers´arrests), most need a workover (most railings fit in parts, but not through all bends), some are just fine (the wipers ). I give You a loose collection of pictures. The railing around the main deck is still missing, as I didn´t finish yesterday the bollards and don´t want to mess around with them when the railing is done.
If You like them: David gave me permission for sale, once they are done. I will yet change the ladders and add the mast and some antennas to it, then (around next weekend) I´ll start to send the first ones to colleages. The price will be 10 EUR, maybe (depending where to send them to) plus a little fee for shipping costs outside the EU - maybe not (a stamp shouldn´t be all that expensive, should it?)
Attached Thumbnails
CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-25.jpg   CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-26.jpg   CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-27.jpg   CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-28.jpg   CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-33.jpg  

Old 04-19-2018, 05:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Very nice build with a lot of detail.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Very well done!

Don
Old 04-19-2018, 07:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks very good. Lots of stuff packed into a small model.
Google Adsense
Old 04-30-2018, 02:11 AM

Thank You all very much for Your kind words! David provided for a lot of small parts and I simply love to stuff crafts of this size, with which I still can get done in my lifetime...
As the parts got smaller and (besides) a lot of work had to be done (a job can be such a nuisance...), it took some time for new pictures. Here You are.
You will find, that I added a new mast and the rear antenna together with an anchor chain to the lasercuts. The mast ist very delicate, so You have to harden it with superglue before applying it to the model, and even if You do, You have to do the rigging with wonderwire instead of threads, but then the result should be convincing. Three antennas from 0,3 mm wire were added to the lights and the railing - no work at all, but adding to the touch of the model.
Besides, I found that the searchlights are a bit too much simplified and don´t sit on "columns", as given in the kit, but rather on sticks, that I built from 0,4 mm wire. The difference on the model is breathtaking - even I don´t see it any more...
Attached Thumbnails
CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-36.jpg   CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-37.jpg   CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-38.jpg   CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-40.jpg   CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-41.jpg  

Last edited by Heiner; 04-30-2018 at 02:17 AM. Reason: no pictures uploaded
Old 04-30-2018, 02:18 AM

So now this is, what she looks like today. The payload is on board. Let´s pretend, the buoy has just been replaced and this one (obviously not a brandnew one) is on its way back to shore.

What is still missing? The radar pod, that looks amazingly like something from "Star Wars" and is definitly not the tripod, David provided. The rubber craft, that I (sorry, Dave!) just dislike and will replace with something else from another kit. The different lights onboard, for which I started working with thick nylon threads to get something translucent. And of course the Canadian flag; whatever I tried so far looked as if made from plywood; I´m still working on that.
Attached Thumbnails
CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-42.jpg   CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-43.jpg   CCGN Cove Isle, Papershipwright, 1:250-ci-44.jpg  
Old 04-30-2018, 06:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Fine work on those details!

I used to enjoy watching U.S. Coast Guard Keeper-class buoy tender USCGC Katherine Walker (WLM 552) at work at the approaches to Cape May, New Jersey. Busy little watercraft. It was (and probably still is) based at the Bayonne, New Jersey, Coast Guard station and worked the U.S. Mid-Atlantic coast. Somewhat similar to your Cove Isle (up to a point, I think function drives configuration). Image here: USCGC Katherine Walker WLM552 - IMO 9155597 - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos and Ship Tracker

I look forward to seeing the final images of your model and your future projects.

Don