PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-29-2018, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDRTED View Post
could it be that the parts dimensions were skewed when it was enlarged? sometimes enlarging kits are off when scanned. as much as 2-4 % in either horizontal or verticle dimensions.

Not exactly, I use to rescale a lot of models and Halinsky has a... liberal approach about the historical accuracy and the subgroups design.
I really really recomend to find a lot of pictures and drawings and have the paint ready when assembling one of their ships.
Even so, they are ones of the easier models to rescale to 1/700 because the parts are "relatively" big.
And, Zenon, you did a great work, congratulations!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
I really like your build! I am going to have to get this model and then modify it into the USS Alabama. I will keep Draco's advice in mind also. I will keep this thread on a hot button as my build standard when I start on the lady. Great work!
Old 04-30-2018, 04:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileer View Post
I really like your build! I am going to have to get this model and then modify it into the USS Alabama. I will keep Draco's advice in mind also. I will keep this thread on a hot button as my build standard when I start on the lady. Great work!
Missileer, then, not only be carefull with the propelers, the South Dakota was made like a command ship, being constructed with eight twin 5"/38 gun mounts instead of the ten mounts carried by her sister ships. To compensate for the reduction in 5" fire power, she received additional light anti-aircraft guns.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Zenon, you did more than enough to do the kit justice. I believe this was a kit from early days of Halinski - the 1:300 scale says it clear enough. At that time historical accuracy in their models was out of the window (I had a similarly bitter experience with the historical accuracy of their Nachi, but fit was still great). In the current era, I think these would be more useful as a good base for detailing and conversion, rather than completing them as-is.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.48 MB
Thank you for all your kind words.

I have also ORP Krakowiak to show. So maybe soon I'll post some pictures of this destroyer.

Also I'm planning to finally start USS Leutze DD-481 but I don't know when it's gonna happen.

Tags
bb-57, pacific, south dakota, usn