PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 06-02-2018, 05:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.87 MB
Hi everybody!
Once again: thank You VERY much for Your kind words!
@wireandpaper: I never thought about the crew, but now, that You mention it - hm. Maybe You started here something wih me...
Meanwhile some more details have been added. The roof closed the bridge and left little to see, considering, but to know, that the interior is there is something, as well.
On top of the working deck the crane and the boat with davit have been added, together with "stuff" on the roof of the bridge, like radar and searchlight. I gave some further details to the crane and the davit like hydraulic cylinder and inscriptions, but it not really necessary. The two lamps at the stern are made from 0,8 mm wire; I intended something transparent, but it didn´t work out and wouldn´t have looked similar to the original, so I returned to known solutions. Generally speaking am I pretty much done with what I have, except tho bollards, that come this weekend - and the lasercuts I am waiting for. And waiting...
One day I´ll buy one of this DIY-lasercutters, they seem to work out well.
Attached Thumbnails
MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-50.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-51.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-52.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-53.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-54.jpg  

Old 06-02-2018, 06:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.31 MB
Hi Heiner! Great work here! I specially like the earlier picture of view looking in on the companion way leading to the bridge. And lately, the cranes are just lovely! I will certainly visit "Mein Forum" soon, I miss the group.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for these clear images and the description of the work.

Excellent craftsmanship!

Don
Old 06-03-2018, 06:01 PM

At last!
The lasercut parts have arrived, and although I will not use all of them (stairs, radar, ancor and the ventilation shaft on the roof of the bridge worked out fine without these), some people would maybe like the convenience of having them - here You are.
The paintwork is still wet and not finished yet (always my weak spot in model building), but I think one can get an impression, how they are meant to look like...
@ Don Boose: Thank You for Your commendation!
@Chris: Thank You, too, - and do that! You left some friends here missing You dearly, and even more fans of Your crafts!
Attached Thumbnails
MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-55.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-56.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-57.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-58.jpg  
Old 06-06-2018, 01:42 AM

Nearly done.
What´s still missing are lights, bollards (still...) and the rigg. I will try some more pictures then.
Attached Thumbnails
MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-59.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-60.jpg  
Old 06-06-2018, 02:00 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Nicely done Heiner. It's already a good-looking ship. Looking forward to its completion.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
A very trim craft.

Don
Old 06-06-2018, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.47 GB
Nice looking build!
Old 10-02-2018, 04:40 PM

Done...

Finally, it´s done. I waited for a special thread, that my wife ordered along with other items for her business, and finally it arrived - time to do the rigging. Now, that it´s finished I still have about 2499,5 m thread left, so maybe my next model will be knitted

All together I´m satisfied how she worked out and want to thank David once more for his generosity in giving it away for free!
Attached Thumbnails
MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-61.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-62.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-63.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-64.jpg   MV WEDEL, Papershipwright, 1:250-wedel-66.jpg  

Old 10-03-2018, 12:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Very, very nice little model, with a lot of detail!
Google Adsense