PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 05-30-2018, 11:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 30.26 MB
IJN Kawachi 1/1200 Etsutan

I started on this after my failure with the Wainwright just to test technique. And I got carried away.
It was reduced from 1/800 to 1/1200. I didn't like the deck color, so that was replaced with beige cardstock. The turrets were reshaped in plan, though not in profile, with florist wire for the guns, whilst the hull guns were added with brass wire. I had to replace the funnels, for after I made them, I discovered that they were too wide. They were replaced with basswood. The tripods were made from two different gauges of florist wire with new tops from gray cardstock. The smaller ship's boats used the top sections from his patterns that were glued unto heavy artist board, cut out, and sanded to shape. Color artist markers were used for touch up along the way, as was some acrylic paint. Brass wire was also used elsewhere for additional details.
Came out okay, I suppose.
Cheers,
- Robert

Google Adsense
Old 05-31-2018, 05:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
"Came out OK" In this scale incredible. My vision would simply prevent me from even attempting such a project.