PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Papierschnitzel's Projects

Old 07-17-2018, 10:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well done! I like seeing different and unusual builds.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.21 GB
Jolly Boat

On 7/11/18 Paperschnitzel...

Chris, posted two parts pages of a jolly boat that he was in process of designing/ perfecting.

Wanting something interesting made of paper to display at this month's Ship Modelers Association meeting (tomorrow night) I printed and played around with his two pages resulting in this little effort to help promote paper modeling.

Thank you Chris,

Bob Penikas
Attached Thumbnails
Pirate ship fleet builder-1.jpg   Pirate ship fleet builder-2.jpg   Pirate ship fleet builder-3.jpg   Pirate ship fleet builder-4.jpg  
Old 07-18-2018, 05:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Bob,

Splendid!! If that is you just playing I want to see what you turn out when you really get to work.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 07-18-2018, 05:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
That turned out pretty good, Bob. Nice touch with the coiled line.

Looks like another one of Chris's sets will be added to my Papierschnitzel collection once it is released.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Penikas View Post
On 7/11/18 Paperschnitzel...

Chris, posted two parts pages of a jolly boat that he was in process of designing/ perfecting.

Wanting something interesting made of paper to display at this month's Ship Modelers Association meeting (tomorrow night) I printed and played around with his two pages resulting in this little effort to help promote paper modeling.

Thank you Chris,

Bob Penikas

Well, done! And the next time you need material for promotion, just let me know and I can send you the real thing!

About the release: I have not yet made up my mind about the (public) release process for the boats. I might try a kickstarter once I have all the ships completed, just to learn how that works and see what it does to help promotion. But obviously that will take some time.

But in any case I will release all I create on my Patreon, where you can decided each day if you want to be a part of the monthly release or not. So no risk, no ongoing commitment. I see my Patreon as a circle of friends supporting me developing new stuff. It's not really very organized what I will do, jumping each month maybe to a different theme. So with the option to say yes or no every month (actually every day) I think it suits my process very well. As you can guess this month it will be the boats and the docks.

Happy building,
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 07-19-2018, 09:04 AM

Updated the rowing boat to "old wood" but went "light" this time (see the comparison)

Old 07-19-2018, 09:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Simply amazing. You need to move on to the big ones or you won't be able to move in your office!
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 07-19-2018, 09:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Just curious, are you going to include a version with some masts and sails?
Old 07-19-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Just curious, are you going to include a version with some masts and sails?

Not with the small ones, but the next one, the gun boat is the first to have mast and sails. I am not sure how to handle them though. I will make a mast holder "thingie" for all the boats and then I have to figure out how I want to handle the full mast and sails. For gaming I don't they are really needed, but just for good looks I have to come up with something I feel comfortable with. Depending on how good I make the galleon I hope to display it in the living room. Well, a certain someone doesn't know about this idea yet, so we have to see

I am hoping I can develop a system approach esp for the later larger ships, where the masts are often "bound" together out of several single logs and the sails are huge.

I am now completing the dock modules and once I have that finished I will go and texture the gun boat. Then I hope the paper model muses will smooch me and give the right inspiration
Old 07-19-2018, 10:55 AM

BTW my little fellows had to test the boats right away :-)

Google Adsense

Tags
pirate ship fleet