PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > > >

Old 11-14-2018, 10:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
whatever the politics behind these tragedies history should not be hidden to be politically correct or sensative.if they are hidden. they risk being repeated.im sure your build will do the ship a great justice
Well said.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 11.17 MB
Andrea Doria and Stockholm are available in 250 scale. Fortunately, I took many pictures of a detalied model at the Genoa Shipping Museum two years ago. That shall serve as guideline. But first my Gustloff must go on. At the moment I am working at the Signal Deck to Sports Deck section, including the awnings.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 11.17 MB
The pics show nicely the current status of the ship. The boat deck is under construction. I improved the lasercut davids a bit. The upper parts of the davids are added later as not to obstruct the details below. Unfortunately there are few (and contradictory) information about the platforms between the davids for the boat winches and the working galleys that connect these platforms. I opted for the number chosen by the model on display at Deutsches Schiffahrtsmuseum in Bremerhaven. The cranes of the davids are connected by rods to the upper parts of the davids. As usual, as a builder sometimes you must decide for one alternative. Other models show the rods connected to parts of the winches. One way or another - the deck starts to look impressive and gives a nice, detailed look to the ship. Basically a picture of a mock-up for the movie helped me a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Hospital Ship Wilhelm Gustloff 1:250-dezember-2018-052.jpg   Hospital Ship Wilhelm Gustloff 1:250-dezember-2018-053.jpg   Hospital Ship Wilhelm Gustloff 1:250-dezember-2018-054.jpg   Hospital Ship Wilhelm Gustloff 1:250-dezember-2018-055.jpg   Hospital Ship Wilhelm Gustloff 1:250-dezember-2018-056.jpg