PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 11-22-2018, 11:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 345.47 MB
Great thanks for the photos hetzer. There are absolutely fantastic. Also explored your other galleries. Very impressed indeed.

Olo, I'm still hesitating. I have 3 segments left to be placed and I can clearly see that I will end up with 3-4mm gap somewhere between them. I will try to mask it with strip of cardboard painted to closest color match, but if I'm not satisfied I might paint it over which is something I wanted to avoid and make the kit as standard. Will see.

To push away frustration with the lower hull I moved up and work on the main structure a bit. Found a quite good shade of brown to color the edges to match. The grey is still not exact match, but the original print has a very noticeable raster. It looks better with a naked eye than on the focused photo.
Attached Thumbnails
ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2311.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2313.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2314.jpg  
Old 11-22-2018, 12:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.91 MB
Lizard what I did for my planes a took a piece of the color from the kit to home depot(store) and they matched the sample paint for me it so close to original from there you can get your final color.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olo View Post
Lizard what I did for my planes a took a piece of the color from the kit to home depot(store) and they matched the sample paint for me it so close to original from there you can get your final color.
Nice idea. But in this case it might be too expensive. Any services in UK are extremely expensive. Beside they will not sell mixed paints in small cans. Not sure what is the smallest but I would say that 250ml maybe, which is still too much. And the color will not match in 100% as it will be plain finish while the original color is non uniform.

I think I will try to mix by myself. I already have close match made of Vallejo 71.003 red with few drops of 71.308 Dark Grey.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:07 PM

It's been a while since I posted the progress of my built, but during the Christmas was away from my desk.

Going back to the build I decided to paint the lower hull. The gap between last skins was too big to mask it. So, now I'm fighting with a superglue and sanding. After three coats of superglue and light sanding I'm pretty close to the desired surface finish. In the time when the glue dries I worked on bits and bobs which will go on the deck. Some structures, and also started chimney which I think might be challenging. Will see. Please see the photos. Any comments are much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2488.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2496.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2498.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2493.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2500.jpg  

ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2501.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2499.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2503.jpg   ORP Blyskawica - MM 5-6/81-img_2504.jpg  

Tags
blyskawica, destroyer, orp, polish, polish destroyer