PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-02-2009, 11:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Lookin' really good!

Wyvern
Old 12-04-2009, 12:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
thank you gents! taking 4 days off major buildup on Midway and some other hulls. posting later.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:53 PM

Midway's hull will be done tonight.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:54 PM

Man, that is so much more complex than the Montana hull I am working on, that I simply am awed at how beautiful your hull looks.

How did you develop the skins/hull plating for this model? I am practically tearing my hair out trying to do a fair hull myself!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:12 AM

Hi Lancer, well to tell the truth this hull made me bang my head a few times. The blister and the lifts supports that are part of the hull is a pain in the butt. I've been doing this for years,I'm 53 now and it has gotten easier. All I can say to you and others ,take your time and look at all the info that you have.
Google Adsense
Old 12-06-2009, 09:16 AM

By the way I'll be posting photos tonight. No paint just a clean white hull. That is because I might have to change some things.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:21 PM

Man, all of those things are things I keep hearing over and over and over, and no one will actually tell me anything! I am so impressed with how well your parts fit together, and I know there has to be some little trick I am missing. It just can't be as difficult as I am trying to make it.

I had a drafting instructor tell me years ago that all CAD was, is a tool. "Tools should make your job easier," he said. "If a CAD program has a learning curve that is so steep that you can't pick up the basic operation of it after a couple of hours, then it is not a good tool. It should make your job easier, not harder." I've always believed that.

Guys like you are a major inspiration to me. You turn out a beautiful hull like that and it makes me want to do one of my own.

I am tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to do this one simple little task. It can't be as difficult as I keep trying to make it. It just can't.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 880.4 KB
I can't wait to see your next update gtb. Since I've been on board Midway, I've got a special feel for this carrier.

I'm sure your photos will be worth the wait.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:25 AM

Hi warrior, well i wanted to finish this hull on this day Dec.7 it still has a little ways to go. To all that had ask me about how I build this hull and others. I can't really,I guess its a gift. I look a photo and some how tansfer on to paper,papercard and it's there. I build sections as they do the real things at Newport News. None of these hulls are PERFECT! But they do just get by for the eyesite. By the way my eyesite sucks,thanks for the great comments everyone. I'm sorry if I can't give you details how I really build these hulls. A friend told me to just take a photo of the next build section and of a plane piece of papercard. Show how you mold that section like the photo. Anyways,here is Midway as she is now. I still have to add the bulkheads section for the forward hanger opening.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 880.4 KB
Well, I think what you do is remarkable considering your technique. The skill is unique. Most designers use software and blue print drawings to layout their designs. The use of photographs and measurements in combination with drawings is more art than craft.

I salute your obvious mastery of this technique. Good photo update by the way. You've got be itching to pull one of my 1/350 carrier kits off the shelf. :D
Google Adsense