PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 12-26-2018, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Uss brooklyn acr-3 1/200 orel kit

Ahoy Paperwrights
Here is a winter build I am doing haven't been here for a while specially for the water craft section dues need to be paid back here. Okay first I hoped everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I had a wonderful Christmas received 15 new 1/200 scale ship kits that will be built here for the year of 2019. This kit came from Ukraine across the pond name is Orel these kits are all cad drawing no Human element here. Kit is very complex to build no sweat for me a very challenging kit it has over 4,000 parts I already assembled over 600 parts already once the hull is done everything will fit in its place with no fuss thus far no fit issues goes together very well This is no pirate kit when I received this kit with in two weeks to delivery it was packaged like a over packed Christmas package plus they gave some Hard Tack Candy it was real good first time I ever eat soviet candy before no beets in them LOlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Thank you Orel

The Brooklyn was part of the Great White fleet it participated in the Commodore Deweys battle of Manila Bay she was scrapped during the Washington treaty program 1921. Before her decommissioning she served as flagship and redesignated as CA in stead of Armour protected cruiser. I would like to get a hold of golden /bear and see if he has any kits for sale I love these pre dreadnaughts

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Uss brooklyn  acr-3  1/200  orel kit-sam_3722.jpg   Uss brooklyn  acr-3  1/200  orel kit-sam_3723.jpg   Uss brooklyn  acr-3  1/200  orel kit-sam_3724.jpg   Uss brooklyn  acr-3  1/200  orel kit-sam_3725.jpg   Uss brooklyn  acr-3  1/200  orel kit-sam_3726.jpg  

Uss brooklyn  acr-3  1/200  orel kit-sam_3727.jpg   Uss brooklyn  acr-3  1/200  orel kit-sam_3728.jpg   Uss brooklyn  acr-3  1/200  orel kit-sam_3729.jpg   Uss brooklyn  acr-3  1/200  orel kit-sam_3730.jpg   Uss brooklyn  acr-3  1/200  orel kit-sam_3731.jpg  

Old 12-26-2018, 12:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 179.62 MB
Nice job up to now and glad to see that everything fits accurately.
I was prevented form buying this one after following a building thread that went dead after the modeler found some major misfits with the hull sponsons. Now I'll put it back to my shopping list.
BTW. Brooklyn played the butcher role for Sampson at Santiago, not for Dewey at Manila.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
I always enjoy seeing pre-dreadnaughts being built. I hope to tackle the USS Maine kit this year. Also I’m happy to see deckape posting again. All ahead full, skipper. Looking forward to your updates.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Good build so far!

Given the current state of affairs, I'd be wary of eating Russian candy, though....
Old 12-26-2018, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Merry Christmas, Boats!

I really like ships of the Great White Fleet era and am glad to see you applying your masterful skills to this beautiful and historic ship.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 12-27-2018, 10:07 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
I enjoyed the images of your work with USS Brooklyn.
Looking forward to more.
Mike
Old 12-29-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife View Post
I always enjoy seeing pre-dreadnaughts being built. I hope to tackle the USS Maine kit this year. Also I’m happy to see deckape posting again. All ahead full, skipper. Looking forward to your updates.
Ahoy Knife
Thanks buddy I hope we have another paper convention your models are tops. The builds is going very well first time I built a kit from Ukraine these are great kits stay posted I have another update coming up,
Boats
Old 12-29-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mash View Post
I enjoyed the images of your work with USS Brooklyn.
Looking forward to more.
Mike
Ahoy Mike
thank you sir for chiming in on the Brooklyn your builds are Superb love those golden Bear kits I love to get some of those kits but they cant be found. This kit is very challenging to say the least easy as pie to me the fit of parts are excellent. One got to love the old steel navy of that late 19th century. Stay posted mike I have another update coming up.

Boats
Old 12-29-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Merry Christmas, Boats!

I really like ships of the Great White Fleet era and am glad to see you applying your masterful skills to this beautiful and historic ship.

Don
Ahoy Don
thanks buddy for tuning in on the build I myself love the old steel navy. This kit is very difficult in some respects a lot of small detail parts make it challenging. Stay posted I have another update coming up.
Boats
Old 12-29-2018, 09:52 PM

Turret construction and Hull

Ahoy Paperwrights
Time for another update build report, Kit is coming together very smoothly the hardest part of construction is the Hull with all those ash ejectors and grab rails the Hause lip is made of three pieces the kit is very challenging to build and no candidate for the Novis at heart.

Been tuning up the hull here and there with some burnishing and gave it a coat of Krylon Matt these vessels were not shiny although they were a spit and polish navy. As of now I am constructing the Turrets the only beef with the kit is the parts numbers they employed as directions to many lines of the representation of the parts gets you crossed eyed if you stare to long. The fit of parts are excellent no fit issues at all I love these Orel kits I ordered 6 more of these kits on ebay I am so delighted. Okay here are the update pictures more to come stay posted

Boats