PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 02-21-2019, 10:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 814.53 MB
Hi Kilroy;

Having built a number of Prudenzio's models, here are a few comments. It is one thing to down load a model and examine it and altogether another to have struggled through the build. The earlier designs are somewhat easier to build. The Scharnhorst and Bismark models owe a lot to the earlier Wilhelmshavener designs released in the 1960s, but are in a different scale. The Zara doesn't seem more difficult than the models with no directions. All of the models are quite accurate. One thing, which is evident, is that the designer tends to over complicate the models. There are a good number of parts which are unnecessary and can safely be omitted. You will probably find it a challenge to decide which parts, you really need and which ones you don't. It is helpful to look up the history of the ship that you want to build. This is very helpful in figuring what goes where. Hope this is useful to you.

Regards, rjccjr
Old 02-21-2019, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMGD View Post
Hi,

WAK card model publisher has a very advanced model of ZARA, maybe worth to take a look !!
Hey John!

WAK's model looks nice! And you have laser cut parts and metal barrels. I am not used to those magazine kits, but I'm about to try one.

After the Zara, I have the Battle of River Plate JSC set to build, with Laser cut parts. It just arrived by mail last week.

Thanks for the hint!