PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 07-22-2009, 10:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo

A few months back I purchased from ECardmodels a copy of Kooklits U-Boat Type VIIC as published at the time in the Sea Gray scheme. After ordering and downloading I fired off a order to JB Models in Austria and ordered a set of Griffon Models Standard Armament f/U-Boat 2xTwin 2cm MG C/38 + 1x3.7cm Flak M42, PE set w/barrels, a work of art in brass, from G-Factor Models 1 set brass 1/72 U-Boat props, from Squadron Mail order Big Ed PE set and a set of 1/72 Kriegsmarine flags. Trying to decide if I will order the figures for the tower from Squadron? Now after reading everything I could find on all Forums about building this piece of art to include the build from Kooklit, I see another version is available in a really neat North Atlantic Sea Camo scheme. I had to add this to the print pile for this hunter of the high seas. I also was able to get a download of the new flag set from ECardmodels (of who I might add is one class act for downloads). From JB Models will get a aluminum torpedo w/PE to add to the display, after all you need the teeth to go with the bite! This piece was on back order. As can be seen I hope to build a very detailed example of this subject. I do have other mods I plain to do as I build, these I will point as I go. Have printed out all pages and will start laminating tomorrow. Is getting late and I must again waste time sleeping to go forth with the rest of the worker bees and do my part to bring home the beans. I know another build is about to start of the same subject matter and this one is being scaled up, I am watching this one as well, might give that a try as well @ a latter date. So for now good night and keep your top knot.:DRick
Google Adsense
Old 07-22-2009, 10:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
This should prove to be a very interesting build. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:09 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
This sounds pretty cool! Can we get some pics of your add ons? I would like to see what they are and look like before they go on
thanks!
Chris
p.s. thanks for the compliments :D
Chris
Old 07-23-2009, 07:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Oops! See I'd better get progressin' on my build that I started.
More irons in the fire than I can count.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
This sounds pretty cool! Can we get some pics of your add ons? I would like to see what they are and look like before they go on
thanks!
Chris
p.s. thanks for the compliments :D
Chris
Hello Chris, your wish is my command.
Attached Thumbnails
Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-001.jpg   Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-005.jpg   Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-008.jpg   Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-010.jpg   Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-002.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-23-2009, 03:49 PM

Here is the print up of this wonderful kit. As has been said before, the best set of instructions bar none. I have included photos of both versions. I also included the new flags available from ECardmodels and a set from Squadron as well. The last photo is just a layout of detail parts all together. :DRick
Attached Thumbnails
Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-016.jpg   Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-019.jpg   Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-021.jpg   Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-022.jpg   Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-018.jpg  

Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-009.jpg   Das Boot Type VIIC 1/72 North Sea Camo-014.jpg  
Old 07-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Design Admin

thanks for the pics!

How do you like those squadron flags compared to the free ones from my site? :D
Chris
Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM

I had already purchased the Squadron Flags, then after some research I saw where a set would be made available thru your site. After downloading and printing, then comparing, my answer to your question Chris is this, there is no comparison. The download version from you is clearly the better, more prototypical to the one used and I liked the idea of different sizes and did play with the printer and printed another sheet even smaller. I would safely say to anyone before your purchase the set from Squadron, check the ones a ECardmodels out 1st and the best deal of all, they are free and to tell the truth so well done I would be willing to pay to get to use in a build of any WWII German Naval vessel. As always great work from your designers as offered thru your site. And again to anyone reading this post, you can not go wrong with any purchase/download from ECardmodels. Thank you Chris. :DRick
Old 07-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Design Admin

Well thanks Rick I am glad they are your choice! Means we are headed in the right direction!

I know Dave wants to make more to go with other ships, just needs some references!

I want some typical flags for ships like civil war ships and such
Thanks
Chris
Old 07-23-2009, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I am following this thread with interest! I like the 1:72 scale.
Google Adsense