PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 06-26-2019, 08:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships

Dear All:
Here is a collection of very simple icebreakers and ice resistant ships.
There is a lack of these important ships.
Although there are a few Russians (and/or Soviets), a few Finns, a few Japanese, one Polish and one from the UK (the later two ice resistant, but no HMS Endurance) and no US or Canadian (as far as I know).
I wanted to be able to finish a model, so there will be one or two pagers in 1/400.
This first one is the Lenin, first atomic civilian ship.
Attached Thumbnails
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-0010_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-0013_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-0016_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-0017_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-0022_crop.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 06-27-2019, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
I like it!
Old 06-27-2019, 03:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Dear All:
Here is a collection of very simple icebreakers and ice resistant ships.
There is a lack of these important ships.
Although there are a few Russians (and/or Soviets), a few Finns, a few Japanese, one Polish and one from the UK (the later two ice resistant, but no HMS Endurance) and no US or Canadian (as far as I know).
I wanted to be able to finish a model, so there will be one or two pagers in 1/400.
This first one is the Lenin, first atomic civilian ship.
mayby there were some ice resistant us coast guard cutters on ecardmodels before
Old 06-27-2019, 09:05 PM

Thank you Philip and Herky:
There is also a Polish research vessel and a few German, some very elaborated and some reasonable simple, but not to be build in one day (the Polarstern in 1/500).
James Clark Ross is coming, which is a two pager from a now extinct website.

Herky, please let me know which were the USCG cutters!
Old 06-27-2019, 09:14 PM

James Clarck Ross, first take

Here is the research ship of the British Antarctic Survey.
This is a pre Papermodelers ship (for me) with more than 10 years in waiting to be shared.

ps: By the way Tony did de recoloring for its Dash-7, in Bruno's thread
the JCR is a little bit larger than the HSM Endurance
Attached Thumbnails
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1740_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1741_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1743_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1744_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1745_crop.jpg  

Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1746_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1747_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1748_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1749_crop.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1750_crop.jpg  

Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-pict1751_crop.jpg  

Last edited by wireandpaper; 06-27-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 06-28-2019, 10:53 PM

Simple, simpler, simplest, simplify, simplistic

Dear All:
There are at least 4 version of the Shirase AGB-5003, one for the Shirase AGB-5002, and one more elaborated for the Soya by Canon.
Here is a sample of the simpler / simplified one pager Shirase AGB-5003. I borrowed the helicopter from one of the simpler models.
More to come...

ps: There is a simpler, or the simplest one pager with all the cranes, boats and accessories printed onto the walls or deck.
Attached Thumbnails
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-shirase.jpg  
Old 06-29-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Thank you Philip and Herky:
There is also a Polish research vessel and a few German, some very elaborated and some reasonable simple, but not to be build in one day (the Polarstern in 1/500).
James Clark Ross is coming, which is a two pager from a now extinct website.

Herky, please let me know which were the USCG cutters!
the one i purchased from ecardmodels before was uscg ship legare at 1;200 by kobeszko
Old 06-29-2019, 08:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
Quote:
Dear All:
There are at least 4 version of the Shirase AGB-5003, one for the Shirase AGB-5002, and one more elaborated for the Soya by Canon.
Here is a sample of the simpler / simplified one pager Shirase AGB-5003. I borrowed the helicopter from one of the simpler models.
More to come...

ps: There is a simpler, or the simplest one pager with all the cranes, boats and accessories printed onto the walls or deck.
There's also the small icebreaker diorama from Olli Bizer, and blue and black scans of the very simple Marabout Jr. (French?) icebreaker from thecmn's vintage papercraft links.

The Japanese will make anime of anything. the Shirase figures prominently in 'A Place Further than the Universe'. The heroine loses her photographer mom in an Antarctic winter storm, and in high school raises enough money to join a privately funded expedition on the Shirase. On the way she makes friends who join her on the Antarctic expedition.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:50 PM

Thank you Lorenzo. Who would think that the Shirase would be a character in "girls with hardware" anime. I search the anime and I was in awe at the majestic Shirase. Regarding the brise-glace some time ago (I can believe 3 years ago) I did a what if Canadian Ice Breaker. This French models would easily fit in the simples categories. But be aware that the cabin is not symmetrical and it is better to splice in half and use a mirror image.
PAPERMAU: 1966`s Marabout Junior Icebreaker - by Toto - Navio Quebra-Gelo
The what if is here:
What-If USCG vessel in 1/400
Regarding the Olli Bizer I have not seen it.

Thank you Herky: I totally forgot about the ice resistant Bear class!
But this is definitely not a simple model. 31 pages between model, instructions and diagrams!
Just the helicopter has 34 pieces, some of them in quadruplicate, 7 templates, and a few wire pieces!
Old 06-29-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Thank you Lorenzo. Who would think that the Shirase would be a character in "girls with hardware" anime. I search the anime and I was in awe at the majestic Shirase. Regarding the brise-glace some time ago (I can believe 3 years ago) I did a what if Canadian Ice Breaker. This French models would easily fit in the simples categories. But be aware that the cabin is not symmetrical and it is better to splice in half and use a mirror image.
PAPERMAU: 1966`s Marabout Junior Icebreaker - by Toto - Navio Quebra-Gelo
The what if is here:
What-If USCG vessel in 1/400
Regarding the Olli Bizer I have not seen it.

Thank you Herky: I totally forgot about the ice resistant Bear class!
But this is definitely not a simple model. 31 pages between model, instructions and diagrams!
Just the helicopter has 34 pieces, some of them in quadruplicate, 7 templates, and a few wire pieces!
i never said it was easy lol ,have you tried the japanese coast guard site
Google Adsense