PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 07-27-2019, 06:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants

Dear All:

Following the simple and simplest icebreakers.

I did a make over on the icebreaker from the Petite Maraboute, using the elements of the original and only including new masts and an observation cabin.

The original seems to have issues with the x,y and z coordinates (and with symmetry). The z is a little bit exaggerated so I trimmed the seaboard. Then I separated the decks and cabins. I extended the forecastle deck on two thirds of the hull. I broaden the accommodation and inserted a new accommodation deck. I separated the bridge and implanted the boats on the upper deck, still in 2d format. I also reduced a little bit the funnel/stack.

I followed as far as I could the Finnish designs of medium Icebreakers like the Sampo. Included there is a diagram comparing them.

I did this on the fly, adding things as I feel it, so still in draft format.

I hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-01.jpg   Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-02.jpg   Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-03.jpg   Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-04.jpg   Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-05.jpg  

Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-06.jpg   Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-07.jpg   Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-08.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-28-2019, 01:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
That's funny, Pablito. I might be tempted to do more scratchbuilds if I had a printer.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:40 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Thats very nice - and it does have the distinct "feel" of the Sampo - you've done well!
Old 07-28-2019, 09:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Transplant Frankenproject

I also did some time ago a Frankenproject, the CCG Andy Forester (a what if): mating the brise-glace hull recolored and transplanted the modified superstructure of the SWATH Kilo Moana presented previously. At that time I did not realized how disproportionate was the z coordinates vs the x and y, so I did not reduced the feeboard.

You also may find the trio of simple icebreakers, the original brise-glace, the make over Finnish inspired, and the Canadian inspired.
Attached Thumbnails
Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-11.jpg   Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-12.jpg   Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-13.jpg   Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-09.jpg   Lipo, nosejob, chinjob, and implants-remake-10.jpg