PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-28-2020, 07:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 872.31 MB
SMS Beowulf, and two examples of great service

A few weeks ago, when the lockdown started here in the UK, I started sorting my unbuilt kits. Out popped HMV’s SMS Beowulf, bought in Hamburg many years ago and never opened. I remembered Michael Mash’s superb build in this forum in 2015, and discovered, as had he, that the instructions are in German, way beyond my schooldays language classes. No diagrams either. So I emailed Fentens in Hamburg to see if they had updated the instructions - but they haven’t. But Fentens kindly offered to email the instructions in PDF format, to allow me to run it through Google Translate, and Hey Presto! a near perfect translation. So well done Fentens , excellent after sales service.
And, enthused, I went back to Fentens to get SMS Sachsen, another German predreadnaught, but it is no longer in their catalogue. However I found it in Marcle Models catalogue, emailed Christopher Cooke there, got a reply in hours, and the little ship is winging her way to me. Again, well done Marcle and Fentens!
All the best, papermodellers, stay safe in these worrying times, Bailey
Google Adsense