PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 01-10-2020, 12:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Late Higgins Camo

Dear All:
I am checking the fittings of the late 78' Higgins in Measure 31 20L.
Attached Thumbnails
Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-0000-late-wip.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-0000-wip-camo.jpg  
Old 01-10-2020, 02:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 660.49 MB
Thanks for responding. I am looking forward to doing the Higgins mdoels especially the camouflage one. And I still would like to see your version off the 80 ft Elco. I have the boat from Air Dave as well as an Answer KET boat. Both are nice models but not quick assemblies. I have sent for the Extra Model PT-171. At my advanced age doing the small detail work on these models is not easy, so I look for ones that I can add as much or as little as I want and still have a decent model at the end. Excuse the rambling..this is why I appreciate the kind of models you are making available,,,So thank you for all your hard work and please continue!!!
Old 01-11-2020, 03:10 AM

WIP Elco 80'

Dear Rock55 and Lorenzo:
You had very compelling reason for the Elco 80', so I started it.
I do not know when it is going to be available, hopefully before Valentine Day.
Attached Thumbnails
Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2126.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2127.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2128.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2129.jpg  
Old 01-11-2020, 03:18 AM

Wonderful news! I think it will be much appreciated and well received. So I will be looking forward to it! Thank you so much!
Old 01-11-2020, 09:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Dear Rock55 and Lorenzo:
You had very compelling reason for the Elco 80', so I started it.
I do not know when it is going to be available, hopefully before Valentine Day.
Take your time Pablo, we'll wait. I'm not even sure if people get the Black Lagoon reference, but the 80ft Elco featured is just a single color and doable. One could recreate the scene when it shoots down an Mi-24 with torpedoes after jumping up a ramp!
Google Adsense
Old 01-19-2020, 06:36 PM

Elco 80' WIP

Dear all:
I have been doing progress in the early Elco 80' PT.
I will have one gray, that according to some sources was the first operational color in the Pacific (that could be used for the Black Lagoon). The other in green, which many sources, and modelers consider appropriate fort they early days in the pacific.
I started watching the movie PT-109 and most of the times the boats look green grayish, but sometimes it look just gray.
Any opinions or facts about the colors used in they early days by the Elcos in the Pacific?
Best regards
Attached Thumbnails
Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2131.jpg  
Old 01-19-2020, 10:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
This page may not answer the question specific to Elco boats pre-1942 but the website would have contacts who could, PT Boat World - PT Boat Colors and Color Schemes
Old 01-20-2020, 02:30 AM

Higgins 78' in the MTO

Thank you Southwestforest:
I have confusing information, this info certainly would help.

Finally, I finished the early Higgins. Here in a Mediterranean, Adriatic, Tirrenian place?
The first Higgins went to serve in the Mediterranean to battle f-lighters, e-boats, and MASes. They teamed with the MGB of the Royal Navy thaking advantage of their radar and the heavier armament of the MGB.

Hopefully next, the late Higgins in Measure 31.

ps: Figures by PaperShipWright to a Michik design, vehicles by JSC, building inspired by Old Sacramento and Santa's Village by Paper Toys.
Attached Thumbnails
Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2134.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2135.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2136.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2137.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2138.jpg  

Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2140.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2141.jpg  
Old 01-20-2020, 01:28 PM

It is very nice to see your diorama. It just gears out my earlier comment about diorama possibilities. So well done!! I am looking forward to your other projects and will be waiting for them!!
As to PT colors and such: If you have not already found them, try the PT Boat Forum. It is free and the people there are very knowledgeable and helpful. you could also try the Shipcraft Special "Allied Torpedo Boats" by John Lambert and Les Brown. Lots of information on the boats in one volume. Just as an aside, Donovan's book PT=109 says the boat was painted a dark forest green, and he actually spoke to those who were involved.. My understanding is that since supply lines were still in the process they used whatever was available. So it could be the Navy Green, an Army Olive Drab or Marine Green. Not much help, but I would go with my instinct. Keep up the good work!!!
Old 01-24-2020, 10:03 PM

Late 78' Higgins in Measure 31/20L and others

Dear All:
I just finish the late 78' Higgins in Measure 31 20L and I am releasing it.
It fits well at 1/400.
Also, I am releasing an early Higgins upgraded in camo. The colors are slightly different since I used the standard MS PP colors. In addition you will find the late Higgins in gray.
Hope you like them.
Let me know!
Attached Thumbnails
Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2156.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2157.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2158.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2159.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2161.jpg  

Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2162.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-pict2163.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 026 WireandPaper PT Higgins 78' Late.pdf (278.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf 027 WireandPaper PT Higgins 78' upgraded camo.pdf (284.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: pdf 028 WireandPaper PT Higgins 78' late camo.pdf (323.3 KB, 46 views)
Google Adsense