PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Konigin luise - hmv

Hello all,
I was hoping for your help and suggestions as I work my way through this model.
I've built 'Wilhemshaven' before also from HMV.
Thing is both of the models are downloaded off the net, I printed them on A3 instead of A4, just to have a bigger model!

First issue - as you see from the 2 pics, I've just started but it is already 'bowing' or 'sagging' a bit in other words, the bow and stern are lifted clear of the desk, so the waterline won't be flat.

I'm gonna go ahead and fit the rest of the frames, don't think that'll make it worse?

Then my plan is once I've got the sides on, weigh down the front and back and let it sit with those weights until it flattens out.

Any suggestions?!?!
Attached Thumbnails
Konigin luise - hmv-img-2462.jpg   Konigin luise - hmv-img-2463.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 03-29-2020, 02:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
I am very sorry but I never heard of a legal download of KÖNIGIN LUISE so the download must be pirate`s work and not legal to use or show...
Old 03-29-2020, 03:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
I many times use a glass plate, glue the ends to the glass. Frame up the internals then add gussets, lots of gussets.

No a problem for models with laser cut parts where gravity does the work. Still use glass, dry fit all frams the drip ca glue over the edges allowing it to wick in. Ad a few gussets and repeat for the lower below water half.

Hope tbis helps.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Konigin luise

Hi,

Thanks for the tips *really* appreciate you getting back to me!

I did buy Alvar Hansens book but it doesn't cover this so well.

I don't have access to glass cause I am actually on a ship (bouncing around in a force 8 gale!!) and using what I have to hand to build. I do have a whole set of tools on board with me. Also 3 types of glue: 'Kittifix' and 'UHU' (from Fentens!) and a PVA glue called 'Anita's Tacky PVA', all of which I am gaining experience with. I use Kittifix 99% of the time.

Hopefully you will be willing to help as I go along?!

Next hurdle will be affixing the sides. I've built 'U9', 'Oldenburg' and 'Mary Arctica' and with the latter 2 found it quite tricky handling a relatively large piece, gluing the tabs and fixing the sides accurately in position. Any tips for that part?!

Regards,
Alan
Old 03-30-2020, 03:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 111.25 MB
I'm sorry - but I have to agree with "Front Light" - there are no legal downloads available of the mainstream HMV models (except the recent free downloads from Fentens). Any downloads available on the net must be illegal/pirate copies.

The forum should be very careful about this as it runs the risk of being seen to condone piracy if it does not act. The result could be that it gets shut down by a law suit.

David Hathaway
Paper Shipwright
Google Adsense
Old 03-30-2020, 04:46 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Alan,

As it has been mentioned twice, there are no downloads, except for the recent free ones from HMV, so this kit is a illegally scanned kit., I will have to shut this thread, but I will keep it available so you and others can learn from it.

David,
I had been tracking this thread since it was posted, you are correct, we here on the forum do not condone piracy.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Closed Thread