PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 09-21-2021, 08:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello everybody.

Thank you for your praise and comments. I did not show the building progress for quite a long time, but I wanted to finish the entire hull so that it would not dazzle the eyes with white "spots" of unfinished fragments. And it almost worked :-)

Transverse handrails closing the decks and decorative slats were laser cut / engraved and painted yellow ocher. Perhaps they can be enriched with additional colors, but for me they will stay in such a "raw" style.

The completion of the hull was hindered by the unfinished artillery in the bow part, due to my laziness and reluctance to twist subsequent barrels from paper. To solve the problem of... laziness... I bought a 3D printer and the barrels are ready :-))

So a bakdek appeared and with it I could finish the bow bulkhead.

It took a long time to work on the head and the entire platform in the bow, but I managed to finish that too. As of today in the photos:

Greetings
Tomek
Old 09-21-2021, 08:53 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
De Zeven Provincien really looks good Tomek.
Question: How long does it take for the printer to produce all the gun barrels?
Mike
Old 09-21-2021, 09:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Looking great! Are you planning on selling the gun barrels as an accessory to the kit?

Fred
Old 09-21-2021, 10:45 AM

@Mike@
Printing time depends primarily on the number of layers to be printed, i.e. the accuracy of the print (layer thickness) and the printer itself (it's obvious :-)). It does not matter how many models are printed at the same time, the height of the printed model is important. Of course, when printing e.g. barrels of the same caliber, it is important how many such barrels will fit in one printing cycle. One cycle for medium-quality cannon barrels is about 1.5 hours, but note that I can fit 40 pcs of small barrels, but only 12 pcs of large ones. I have not yet counted the time needed to print the entire set for De Zeven Provincien guns (80 pcs)

@Fred@
Yes, as long as I find the quality good enough to sell. One thing is printing for yourself to make it faster, and another thing is selling to modelers. Although it seems to me that the quality will defend itself against my strict control eye :-)))

Tomek
Old 09-28-2021, 11:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 336.1 KB
Hello. Great job! I enjoyed reading all your descriptions and photos. Highly detailed model. I understand why you wrote that "the more I do, the more work"! You, you create a very detailed model, your meticulous approach makes you not miss any of the little things. I congratulate you, you are making an excellent model, and you are doing your favorite and interesting hobby. I will continue to watch with interest how this beautiful and very realistic sailing ship is born.
Sorry for the mistakes, I am using a translator.
Google Adsense
Old 09-29-2021, 12:12 PM

Thank you, Vasea70, for appreciating my work. This is a very time-consuming model and there is still a lot ahead of me.

Tomek
Old 09-30-2021, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
seahorse WOW AWESOME cracking build
Old 09-30-2021, 12:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.25 MB
Thank you Tomek for a modeling visual feast. What a delight and inspiration to look at !
Old 10-09-2021, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 461.4 KB
Hi there!

Very nice build!

How long does it take to design the barrel for the printer? I mean all the time from switching on the pc and turning on the design program all the way to cut off the last bit of unwanted plastic on the barrel?

Does it save so much time compared to roll them from paper?

Then again, I am about to roll my own ones and it is indeed tedious work to roll 80 guns...

Rgds,
Radek
In the Garage: PANHARD AML20
Old 10-10-2021, 01:17 AM

Hi,
thanks for comments.
@ Radek @ It all depends on what kind of barrels you want to make. The simplest barrels are designed in just a few minutes. If you want to add some decorations and ornaments and handles to them, it can be up to two hours. The prepared model must be adapted for printing (a few minutes for such simple objects as barrels). Printing time depends on the printer and the thickness of the layers (0.5-2.5 hours for barrels). The very cutting off of the supports is a moment (multiplied by the number of barrels :-)
With a few barrels, printing takes more time than rolling them out of paper. With 80 barrels, the preparation and printing time can be shorter for sure.
Of course, there is a difference in the quantity and quality of details.

Tomek
Google Adsense