PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Ships and watercraft

Old 04-25-2020, 01:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 439.73 MB
I have more than 100 cutouts made and an exhibition and I do not consider myself a clumsy modeler at all. I have made the model 2 times and I have checked what I put in the photo.
The solution is to duplicate this piece, make a longer one with a joint halfway, let it slide towards the harpoons and cut the excess .
Regarding the support, you can choose between the original and the one I propose
Attached Thumbnails
-error.jpg  
Old 04-25-2020, 01:31 AM

Detail

This drawing indicates the correction to be made on part G3
Attached Thumbnails
-detalle.jpg  
Old 04-25-2020, 01:42 AM

Espacio excesivo

This is another photo of a model that demonstrates the error that I point out. The gap between the upper and lower keel is excessive
Attached Thumbnails
-modelo-del-disenador.jpg  
Old 04-25-2020, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
The designer of this kit, Heinkel111, is a member of this forum. He made a design thread in this same forum here (from 2011):
1:100 Jules Verne's Nautilus by Ron Miller
You can follow the design process as the author himself developed the kit.

Here at Papermodelers, and in the Spanish forum too, I remember reading discussions about the best way to approach the building of this kit. Apparently, people has had trouble in the past with the way parts were numbered, and with the instructions.

I've also seen this kit built, complete. So it is buildable after all.

Sadly, I don't own the kit and am in no position to talk about those details. But it certainly has been a topic already mentioned in the link above, and the designer is well aware of similar criticism that has been directed in the past.

Since we have Heinkel111 as member, you can reach him easily. A good idea would be to approach the designer directly and ask for help/clarification on those issues. No one better to answer them and to provide help than the man himself.

Hi
I was unaware that the designer was a member of the forum and so I put my only two critical remarks in my thread. If I had known, I would certainly have addressed him in private. However, I think that criticism is always possible in a forum of this type, because this is how we all enrich ourselves, especially when I say that it is a very beautiful and recommended model to buy it as I have done I forgot, writing in large letters on the internet is screaming
Old 04-25-2020, 04:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinkel111 View Post
This design is 9 years old, it is one of my first designs and I did not handle 3D software well as now.It is not laziness, it is ignorance, ok?
I have to "clean" my first designs to correct this. But this does not harm the quality of the design, the formers are within the model.
In the design thread in this forum, the model is tested by several modelers. No one talks about poorly designed pieces, all conversations are about the difficulty of building with section formers, a very difficult Polish method that requires experience. I repeat EXPERIENCE.

Therefore, the model has been tested and approved in 2011! . I find it very funny that 9 years later a person tells me that a piece is poorly designed.

My designs are difficult to build and obviously not suitable for clumsy modelers.
As I’ve stated, I was overly harsh in my comments but cannot edit my original post.
I apologize for the words and attitude.

I got the feeling from another poster that things have changed because he says it goes together very well and parts fit are excellent.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie48 View Post
The movie version is a beautiful model also. Very nice build.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:10 AM

Hi jagolden01 Could you tell me where I can get that version? Thank you very much and greetings
Very nice model !!!!!
Old 04-25-2020, 06:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagolden01 View Post
As I’ve stated, I was overly harsh in my comments but cannot edit my original post.
I apologize for the words and attitude.

I got the feeling from another poster that things have changed because he says it goes together very well and parts fit are excellent.
Thanks for your understanding. I accept your apology. Closed topic.
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/heinkel-models
Old 04-25-2020, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagolden01 View Post
...comments but cannot edit my original post.
Regarding this, I remember the "edit" option is only available for a short amount of time (I think 15 or 20 minutes) after the post is published. After that windows passes, it is not possible to edit any post. It has been always like that since the forum started, and affects everybody. If I remember correctly, the creators of the forum set it like that in order to prevent misuse of the edit function and possible trolling that could create bad times.

That also has some effects: knowing about that restriction makes people to carefully think what they write before hitting the "post" button. And after the possibility to edit has gone past, we are forced to live to what we wrote and face its consequences.

Also (and this goes for everyone, not only the persons in this thread) going to the past is a great way to understand the present. Don't forget to use the "search" function when needed.

Having said that, looks to me that some lessons are being learned by everybody. And learning to grow better is always good. Sure, learning is sometimes uncomfortable. But that's fine as long as we better ourselves.

Please by all means go back to track (if you all wish). It is always good to see some build threads and mature discussions.

If someone has something to share that you believe can be useful for other persons building a certain kit, please do it. We can all learn from your experiences. That's how the forum grows as a whole, making questions, suggesting, teaching tricks, pointing what is good and what can be improved.

And If something needs to be spoken of in private, please do so. Always remembering to behave as the adults we all are.

Listen to others. Try to understand what they say and why they say it, and think carefully on what you write and how you write it. Any action we do creates a reaction.

We are here to share and learn from our own experiences. Let's try do our best.

Last edited by Rubenandres77; 04-25-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llaut Mallorquin View Post
Hi jagolden01 Could you tell me where I can get that version? Thank you very much and greetings
Very nice model !!!!!
It may be purchased through ecardmodels.com, that’s where I bought it.
May be available through other sellers as well.
The file parts are gorgeous, good built photos, the intro and information by/on Ron Miller are wonderful, and the cut-away drawing is something to explore.
Also can’t beat the price. Frankly, I think it’s worth more.